Hello from Montreal

broden

Hello from Canada.

Quick bio, I am retired, have been woodturning for about 35 years as a hobby. I have built lots of kit models mostly planes and HO rail items. The only ship was the USS Constitution, which languished at the rigging stage about 30 years ago.

The Covid shut down led to a lot of YouTube videos mostly of folks building real sail boats “ Acorn to Arrabella” and “Restoring the Tally Ho” to mention two and some kit models ship videos. Then I stumbled on the kit for HMS Terror.

Now if you are Canadian with ancestors who were Royal Navy and you loved the C.S Forester books you will understand the interest in a storied ship such  as HMS Terror. What other ship of this age is sitting about 80 feet down in freezing water with all her hull and artifacts intact.

So the kit has been purchased and it is right now winging its way through the U.S. Postal system to be handed over to the somewhat delay prone Canada Post. Hopefully  arriving in Montreal in the next week or two. I will start a build log and begin asking questions. I have a bunch already and I am hoping to learn a lot of details about building this model from the other builders on this site.

Thank you, Broden.

Hello and welcome to the site.  I am west of you in Gananoque Ont.  I will follow your build of the Terror as she is a ship and story that intrigues me.  I am currently working on the Medway longboat by Syren.  Not much progress lately due to home renovations and up-keep.  Installed a couple of planks on the hull yesterday that has got my MOJO going again.  This is my first build and I enjoy every aspect of it.  Even repairing the mistakes.  Bob

Welcome to Model Ship World Broden.  I look forward to following your build log of the HMS Terror.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)