hello everybody,I have one rudder/wheel that two spokes are broken in 1:48 scale about 30mm spoke to spoke. My question is ,can I use a  wheel in 1:64 scale that I have, about 27mm,spoke to spoke,the difference is about 2.5-3mm. I think it is not look so bad. Open for comments. The build is not started yet,just collecting different timber etc.

rgds Helge,norway

I don't think the scale police will be knocking at your door if you use the 1:64 scale wheel. Pictures would help if you can provide. 

Helge, the size difference is noticeable, more noticeable than I thought it would be. You need to try coming up with the correct 1:48 scale wheel either by purchasing one or repairing the broken one. 

Since the broken one is plastic, try replacing the broken spokes with a bit of Evergreen or Plastruct styrene rod and paint as required.  Then mount the wheel so that the broken spokes are at the bottom.  I doubt it will be noticeable.  

Even if you don't replace the broken ends of he spokes, they might not be noticeable if mounted at the bottom of the wheel.

Vince

1 hour ago, VinceMcCullough said:

Since the broken one is plastic, try replacing the broken spokes with a bit of Evergreen or Plastruct styrene rod and paint as required.  Then mount the wheel so that the broken spokes are at the bottom.  I doubt it will be noticeable.  

Even if you don't replace the broken ends of he spokes, they might not be noticeable if mounted at the bottom of the wheel.

Vince

hi,yes I was thinking the same,because you have the wheelstand that cover most of the broken spokes at the bottom near the deck. thanks. somthing like this

helge

broken spokes.pdf