liteflight

A Melbourne Hello

Time to modestly make my number with you all.  
I have been lurking , awestruck, for several years; but feel a build log coming on

A little about myself: 

• retired Mech.  Engineer living in the (locked-down) edges of Melbourne
  • lifetime aeromodeller and boat modeller
  • main boat interests are scale sailing, so even when building a scale model ship my mind (for want of a better term) will be wondering about ballast and sail control

veritably I have a lot to learn, not least about the practical details of posting of this forum

I have read large numbers of build Logs on the forum, and notice the helpfulness, patience and darn good advice offered, so I want to get my toe in the water

I need to learn How to size and post pictures, how to caption them, if this is possible.

Andrew

38E18D0A-97E8-4193-8C8A-174D7A90CA72.jpeg

A very best to Welcome to you, Liteflight.

Your entrance is splendid! And with a start of a build log.
Please set yourself up with such, to much of our pleasure.
Questions? I know you will have plenty of them, feel free to ask, answers will follow.
Please follow others build logs too...... even not related to yours, you might find answers that can help you.

Again, Warm Welcome to MSW

Thank you all for the welcome.

The “trial” picture appears to have posted ok, and I believe that it tends to demonstrate one of my qualifications to participate in a shipbuilding forum: vast quantities of assorted clamps ;-}

Build log will exist as soon as I can get to my laptop

andrew

Welcome, Liteflight. A good time to be ship modelling. 

To start a build log (I take it yours is a scratch build, rather than a kit?), go to 

and follow the instructions. (Kit logs are similar, but include the name of the manufacturer in the title). You've already succeeded in posting a photo, so you're well on your way.

Thanks, Steven for the welcome and practical advice.

i confess I have been an avid lurker on your Dromon and reconstruction logs

I aim to comply with the naming requirements by cutting and pasting ( with appropriate alterations) but as I do that the formatting of the title is not visible on the screen.  I would go right ahead if I knew that I could edit the title page

Strength to your carving arm!

andrew

Welcome to Model Ship World Andrew. You can edit your title in the first post on your build log or you can reach out to any Moderator who would be glad to edit it for you.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, liteflight said:

i confess I have been an avid lurker on your Dromon and reconstruction logs

(Blush) You say the nicest things . . .

On 8/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, liteflight said:

Strength to your carving arm!

It's more like pain-killers to my left hand (which holds the fiddly bits while I carve with the right). Only 9 more oarsmen to carve arms for.  I hope I haven't done myself irreversible damage . . .

We have here a bad case of Byzantine rowercarvers arm, Janet!
We must administer the antidote!
a pair of boxing gloves and a Lego speedboat

Daftness apart I have appreciated your approach to the unknowable, discussion and sensible resolution of each issue as it appears

andrew