B 25J Mitchell Revell 1:48 by Popeye the Sailor - done as PBJ - 1J finished

I have been scant with updates lately.........there are a few reasons for it,  but one is the procedure I have scheduled on my legs.   that has come and past my friends........I had it done yesterday.   we removed the wraps that were on my legs this morning and it was a huge relief.......I felt like a freak'in mummy!  there is very little residual pain.......the procedure wasn't bad either..........I actually feel pretty good.  I think the more I walk now,  the swelling that still shows will disappear and I should see marked improvement.  now I hope the ulceration on the side of my left heel will go away.  we shall see.   I have a follow up appointment on Thursday........I expect to get a clean bill of health ;)   I do feel lucky that this is all I've ever had to endure.......others I know have had worse ;) 

I have the same kit as Tom does........did......he already built his :)    not feeling like doing other things to the planes I have going,  I decided to bring this one out.   I have a different angle I want to do on it..........I decided to do it as a PBJ 1J.  this particular aircraft gets away from the Olive drabs and Army/Air Force colors,  and do this one in a cool naval blue.   during the time I've been tinkering with it,  I ordered the decals from Mega Hobby........I got them with in three days!

397446221_1.jpg.85971f1a936b97fd1f327fe393417f84.jpg

For the Gipper throws me back into the Olive color,  so I will pass on that one for the time being.   the US Marine Corps received surplus B 25's and used them for their missions and support of beachhead landing of Marine forces.  this was nothing new for the Marines.......they often were the depository for obsolete and unwanted hardware from the other branches.  originally,  I wanted to go with a plane used in the Doolittle raid.........I still may in the future.......I did find a decal set that covers all 16 of them.

I started to work on it a couple of days before my birthday.......pay no mind to the date on the pictures.....it's wrong......I know.   I need to install the CD that came with the new camera,  so I can read the manual........the paperwork I got with the camera says nothing about it.   I assembled the cockpit section.

40215147_2.jpg.1cef44762a07f2aab5509587a07e881a.jpg

it has some decent moulded detail.........I will paint it in later

Edited by popeye the sailor
finished model

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

the next section to assemble was the bomb bay,  which also serves as the wing roots.  it was assembled and then sandwiched in the fuselage halves to allow it to set.

1827566078_1.jpg.a5d680dcf523e24a525fa90044921e79.jpg

the bombs were assembled next........

1032169683_2.jpg.6460b5910f5bcfc17fa033b2fd9d455d.jpg

there is some fairly decent detail in the bomb bay compartment as well.........paint will accent it.

1839807413_3.jpg.8d02fe08a614e241e7e7eb037e592157.jpg

a cross section shows the arrangement

2102748700_4.jpg.bb9f0ef672feb4d59a03f8ee18fe2a1e.jpg

I did add most of the inner fuselage parts as well.........ammo boxes and communication equipment.   this is not a new kit..........it has been around for quite a few years.  Monogram put out a few kits around 1981.......a B 25H,  and B 25J.  there is also one that can easily be modified into one of the Dolittle planes.   it was produced in 1965,  as part of the Pacific Raiders series by Revell........the big difference though, is that it was moulded in 1:64th scale.  Accurate Miniatures put out a B 25C/D which would also be a good candidate.   this Revell kit is from the Monogram moulds.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

in a blurry photo..........it shows that the inner walls of the fuselage has been painted.   I used the Chromate green,  used in the Memphis Belle project,  but I greened it up a bit more.

1714609964_1.jpg.64e99170aedc5fafd03eff6c17d74a1c.jpg

2041738465_2.jpg.4ce6166653e46f27701576541db2c726.jpg

the narcelles were assembled.....since the majority of the plane will be done in the Navy Blue,  they will be assembled along with the wings.  there is a bit of hind sight here......if the landing gears are in the down position,  the gear doors should be in the open position.  with this model,  the two main door are closed.........strange and a cause for thought.

670836562_3.jpg.3884dfcdaa1c6054452360f994b687cf.jpg

327938503_5.jpg.ab45c23a030ab83d42527f866ee2190a.jpg

704236385_7.jpg.bc85750b2c0464feaf69441e9dac3d51.jpg

the tail section was assembled as well........

1168384413_6.jpg.280e2c11460a56edc723038b64a11d91.jpg

the cockpit and bomb bay sections were painted in the chromate green...

1618746597_4.jpg.6c3f6254bc9ba911964c96ad2a2733a2.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis, I believe a number of A/C had partially closed doors like your PBJ. I vaguely remember the KC-135 doors not being all down on the ground, but I could be wrong for it. I do remember the Phantom's doors, cause we crew dogs could get bit by doors and vents on the bottom of the jet as we pre-flighted the jet. Check your photos real close.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

the narcelles were added to the wings once dry and painted.

202700213_5.jpg.9e00169d4969353a1b1eaac512f8dc54.jpg

a dry fit was in order :) 

1336256005_2.jpg.80bb8b4dcafc237c23f3ecb5a0e7792b.jpg

the seats were added to the cockpit.   I later found that the seat on the front bulkhead can't be used.........to be used in the windowed version B 25J.   since it wasn't cemented in place for any great length of time,  it was removed and relocated to the waist gunner position on the starboard side....there are two on the port side.

1749971115_3.jpg.304ed4974811ccc6a26121a281ab36b8.jpg

assembly of the nose guns was also done....the flooring and the side gun mounts.  I will need to sand the detail off the nose and upper glass to create the 1J nose

1006316262_4.jpg.9d9aca8902fe61c65c04ca3976ff35a0.jpg

all this is to be closed in.   I would have gone further on the model,  but I found that one of the engine mount parts {#6}  is missing :(    darned if I know where it went.........this is not a small part.   there are only two rooms where I have had this box open..........I am still looking for it.   the sprue clearly shows that the part was on it.........held in place in four spots.   I may have removed it for some reason......I hope this was the case and I put it somewhere.........it not making it back in the box.  if I can't find it,  I may have to buy another kit.  I ordered the decal set before I knew of this..........I hope to have news on this one soon :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

it's something I'm looking into Ken.  on most planes though,  these doors are open........I've not seen any that require the doors to open for the gears to go up.   {long pause here}..........I did some looking........I have picture of the Devil Dog and none show the doors open.  I went on line and looked through a number of images.......I found only two with these doors open to some degree.

1981629590_PBJ1J.jpg.c5ac0806c1c59627ba2336c9f570c469.jpg

and then this one........could be landing........could be taking off........but it appears that on the ground,  these doors on the narcelles are closed.   I've never seen them work like this before.   they will stay closed....just as well,  since I really didn't feel like hacking up the model anyway  ;) 

62786286_PBJ1JA.jpg.c334705e8725895275447ce301fc33e1.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice project Denis, all the best to you.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Nice work Denis. Congratulations on getting your procedure done at last. Don't get well too soon, then you will have to go back to work!:P

It may be too late but if you are going to have the gear down, you may want to put some extra weight in the forward parts of the engine nacelles in front of the wheels. These guys have a tendency to be tail draggers and  you may need a lot of help in the front to keep it down.  

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

8 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

Accurate Miniatures put out a B 25C/D which would also be a good candidate. 

Accurate Miniatures also put out a B-25B kit #3430 which would be the correct version back in '99 or so, from what I understand it's the most accurate kit version also.... they run about $50 to $60 on evilbay.....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

8 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

there is a bit of hind sight here......if the landing gears are in the down position,  the gear doors should be in the open position.  with this model,  the two main door are closed.........strange and a cause for thought.

050215-F-1234P-063.thumb.jpg.dfa6d5358554468c05c50c2fd2528383.jpg

From the AF Museum, B-25B, the wheel doors were closed/up when on the ground.... (the same for all B-25's)

439006053_North_American_B-25B_Mitchell_Mk_I_1942._MH5773.jpg.9097bf28352248ea6ade72ebc4be7d15.jpg

North American B-25B Mitchell Mk I, FK161, the first Mitchell to be delivered to RAF Bomber Command, summer 1942 (where most of the B-25B's wound up, picture courtsey of IWM, # MH 5773)

If you have a pic with them down when parked it's either a postwar mod or they are working on it..... All wartime B-25's had them closed on the ground.....

Good to see you working again brother....  building is great therapy for most ills.....

Wish you a speedy recovery, and by the look of your work your well on your way....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Pulling up my chair, looking good Denis, hope you feeling ok? I'm interested to see this done in navy colours 😉👍

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

hey there folks :)    ...still hang'in in there!  I had a follow up on Thursday and everything looks good.........happy times!  I've taken Sat & Sun off from work to give me a little more time..........work doesn't like it,  but I don't care.   I have been wearing knee high compression socks up to the procedure date........now that it is done,  I have to wear thigh high compression socks.........very strange.  I'm glad that this is temporary....it feels very weird.

I don't usually put the weight in the narcelles Lou........the more frontal the weight is,  the better it will do the job.  there is the cavity at the nose,  under the cockpit........I have a 2 1/2 oz wheel weight {for cars}  that will be perfect.  I'll just cut it to the amount I'll need,  and go from there.   this kit has the flatted tires {detail}..........another method I like to use,  is to make a stand {platform},  and glue the plane to it.  I did that with my F15 Eagle

627522641_9.JPG.c48f656d772e5d4a27005724757e93e4.JPG

2012417095_7.JPG.d78aed195cf5de3743478cd7eb4963a7.JPG

I don't think I have a log on this one........it's a willy-nilly camo job.   this does the trick if all else fails ;)     I suppose that an 'aerial' stand can be made for it.....eliminate the gears altogether.   been there,  done that too  ;) 

as mentioned,  I've always seen the gear doors open on most planes.........this one must be the exception to the rule.  I do have a number of the Devil dog pictures,  and none have these doors open.........just the side band door and the nose door,  so that is how I will build it.   if these doors were in the open position,  it would make the model look quite bland........there is no real detail in there to speak of.  there is just a hole for the gear root to locate in....it would need some serious aftermarket ;)   I don't think there would be a difference.........early or late production........I think this is the nature of this beast  :)     I'm still looking for the part.......darn thing is about the size of a half dollar for pete's sake....it couldn't have gone far.   there is one place I haven't looked though........I just thought about it now

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

It is possible you are right and the weight you chose for the nose will be enough. Easy enough to tell. You already have enough of the model assembled to kind of do a dry fit. Add the weight and balance the plane on a pencil moving it forward or back as needed until it wants to rest nose down. That should show you if you want more weight or not. I was just sugesting the forward area of the nacelles as it is usually a fairly large empty place on models with radial engines like this. 

I think that on frame 16 of the plans they show using the crew ladder and aft entry door, (parts 56 and 62) being used as a prop to hold the tail up.   

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I've seen that somewhere.........I've seen at least three monogram/Revell kits on OMK.   I'm sure there are others,  with Accurate Minitures....and I think I saw a Tamiya kit.   I know.......and I appreciate the suggestion,  but the narcelles might be too far back from the fulcrum.    the more forward,  the better.   with the gun arrangement at the nose,  the cavity will be totally hidden,  and if more is needed,  the gun cavity can also be used {there will be a little bit of room there to use as well}.

we are going on errands soon........if lucky,  I will be able to get another kit.  here is the part I'm missing.........

21746517_1.jpg.bdf8c435fc034a42dd83e7dd6e94932e.jpg

I learned a bit more about the camera.........getting rid of the date and time was interesting.   I looked in the physical manual I got with the camera........it told me that setting the date and time was done in the initial set up.   I installed the CD that was included and found that it can be accessed anytime by pressing the set button twice........this brought up the settings.  as you can see,  they are gone......but I think I should adjust the picture size.   I like to keep my pictures under a meg.   I'll get used to it  ;)    I miss my first camera........the Sanyo.........took great photos and I didn't even need to be smart  ;) 

did you have your surgery yet?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

25 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

did you have your surgery yet?

This coming Friday

It's a shame that you will have to find a replacement kit just because of that simple part. I looked on Evilbay for you and found people selling parts for this kit but not the part you were needing!:( Why couldn't you have lost a wing or something?

By the same token it really is a fairly simple piece and should be fairly easy to make from plastic you may have around, or cast, using the other cowling flap piece as a mold master.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

my brother in law had it done...........he went through it quite well.  we'll chat later in the week. :)   I go back to work on Monday.......two days.....and then it's back to banking up some time :D   I thought about making the part........went to Hobby Lobby today and was going to pick up some sheet plastic.   but thinking about the complexity of the part,  I thought better of it.   as for the choice of part to lose..........I would have to be a bumbling idiot to have lost a wing.....and a landing gear part would have been no big deal.   I'm hoping to find the part by sheer chance ;)    I had a thought the other day to look in the monster's cave...........but I did not see it under the bed..........the fact that it got chewed up would have at least put my mind at ease.   ........I dropped it........he grabbed it.........end of story.   unfortunately,  Hobby Lobby didn't have another kit for me to buy.........but at 40% off all kits,  I couldn't resist :ph34r:   I could have picked up another Lindberg B 17........another Memphis Belle..........or a 1:48 scale B 17G,  but I kept my sights simple.   a couple of Atlantis kits caught my eye.......one is a B 25 that could very easily be built into one of the Doolittle planes...it has the 'plug' for the belly turret.

1276843010_B25Mitchell.jpg.a5c6d96b3255b197f2f9c0022e12ebc9.jpg

it might be hard to find the decals though,  since it is in 1:64 scale.........odd though {yet again} because it's smaller than the Lindberg kit of the B 17.   I would think scale relations,  would be the same for all manufacturers........then again,  the question here is:  is a B 25 smaller than a B 17?  this might account for the size difference in same scales {probably getting too analytical for my own good} ;)    the kit was only $20.00,  so I chose a second,  after the admiral pointed out the sale that was going on.   there was a B 24 Liberator by Atlantis.........sure......why not.........I've wanted to do one of these as well.  it was the same price.

1452642075_B24J.jpg.9f92f2c0dbc65c9524c3b23a221e2804.jpg

this one was boxed the same........I couldn't read the scale anywhere on the B 25...{come to find out,  the price sticker was over the label depicting the scale}.........but the Liberator is at 1:92 scale.  yes......it's a bit smaller than 1:72,  but I don't thing by a whole lot.   they are boxed the same........even appear to be part of a series.   of course,  I couldn't help myself.......I peeked into the boxes........I'll save any further introductions until I start a log.   now while this was going on,  the admiral was looking elsewhere....like along the bottom shelf {that's where they keep the 'gold'}.  she was naming off the kits..........I was lending comments for each one {positive ones}.........she then picked up a kit and said that it looked really cool.  I'm like.........WOW.......never heard her say that about aircraft before.   I was told to consider it a belated birthday present

3290304_V-22Osprey.jpg.c83e55a7714611f8b6ca6a38e1885f4f.jpg

this kit is impressive!  even the decals are done in flat finish.   I could have gotten a tank........I've been wanting to do a chopper..........plane/chopper.....this is the best of both worlds!  gonna need a table for this one ;)   I got a few other things while we were there....thinner,  glue,  and some basswood.   the Devil dog will prevail.......hopefully I'll find the part.  I've got research to do for the other two ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

"Wowzer"   you have some nice stuff to keep us glued,  the B24s  always looked to heavy to fly  to me,  and the B25  - I am sure my dad used to speak about them  when they were over this side of the wet stuff,   and the Osprey  - what an amazing Heliplane/Planecopter  - I have seen a few at shows and even the one over the top of us.

Got my camping gear out ready for these.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

4 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

the B24s  always looked to heavy to fly  to me

I have always been a B-17 guy but the B-24 was considered the faster of the two planes. In most other ways they were similar and the people who used them seemed to prefer them over the B-17 in most ways.

I have the Osprey in my collection as well Denis. I have always liked them in spite of their early reputation and problems. We have a few around here and one thing is certain, you know it when one flies over................. They are LOUD. 

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I think the B-24 had a roomier fuselage, what with the shoulder mounted wing. And yep, the wing made it a bit faster and was more fuel efficient. They didn't get the press the B-17s did. They were maybe a third of 8th AF bombers in the UK during the war. In the Pacific, they were used quite a bit more. I'm in on this one.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

8 hours ago, lmagna said:

I have always been a B-17 guy but the B-24 was considered the faster of the two planes. In most other ways they were similar and the people who used them seemed to prefer them over the B-17 in most ways.

I have the Osprey in my collection as well Denis. I have always liked them in spite of their early reputation and problems. We have a few around here and one thing is certain, you know it when one flies over................. They are LOUD. 

Start a build  Lou  - would love to see it.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

we could do that Lou..........dueling Ospreys  ;) 

I wonder if the germans captured any B 24's..........lemme look...........the first B 24 was captured in 2/20/43.......she was named the Blonde Bomber II ,  41-23659.    soon after.........42-52106,  named Sunshine in March of 1944.   not that I would desire to do another like the Wulfe Hound.........but it would be interesting to see what they would look like in insignia and code.  B 25's were captured as well.   another interesting model would be a P 38........there were two known captured.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

it's why I love bombers Ken :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Start a build  Lou  - would love to see it.

OC.

I'll have to second this idea Lou 😈

Current builds;

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

The Atlantis kits are old Revell molds, I believe they were the original "Box" scales from the 50's early 60's..... yes they actually designed models to fit the box they were being packed in!....

But they are probably molded in today's formulation of styrene plastic, not that silver, green or blue thin brittle stuff....

Nice kits if you can live with the non uniform scale....

Quote:

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

we could do that Lou..........dueling Ospreys  ;)

I missed this little snippet 🙄 what a cracking idea😈

Current builds;

Completed:

:ph34r: 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

just catching up, glad your feeling better

looking through your log, i love your work, lol i was trying to read the writing under your last build photos

#4.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

just catching up, glad your feeling better

looking through your log, i love your work, lol i was trying to read the writing under your last build photos

#4.jpg

I think that is his  scribblings about a mass party for us all at his place  - the writting is the menu  for all the food goodies we will get😜

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

:D  :D  :D    no.........but your all invited over........I'll cook something  ;)   what that is,  is the scribblings for a video game  Diablo / Hellfire.  this is the first game of Diablo,  formatted for Windows 98 se.  I haven't been able to play the game since I had to give up Windows XP {I ran it in compatibility mode}.  I was mess'in 'round on the computer one day and did a search for patches or links.....the admiral found a forum thread on the game and passed it on to me.  I had to make a few adjustments,  and I was able to run it on windows 8 :)   I love games where I can use a sword and bow.......the bow is good for some gorilla warfare.  I love the Diablo series,  but I also play the Gothic series and Divine Divinity.  through the years, we've collected several different consoles.......NES,  super NES.......and my favorite, Playstation....just a few of them.   I have some old DOS games that I'd love to get into........but it's a pain to do all the command prompts just to get into the games.

I was looking at the B 24 kit.......one thing I'm not too keen on.  these models come with a stand.......to model them with the landing gear up is going to be a problem.  I checked how the 'gear up' looks on the Liberator,  and the wheel is exposed in the well,  under the wing.

207683928_liberator1.jpg.d72703644c8f4e5877245ec6691daf94.jpg        1378342198_liberator2.jpg.a8ffa27b4581710b0fcd3ca11c6c0957.jpg

only the wheel is shown,  so there must be doors that cover the gear when in the up position.  this is what the lower half of the wings look like

2056953702_wing-bottomhalf.jpg.9083a3316dfb95d493fdc05c83111534.jpg    1273813979_landinggear.jpg.4809bac7428c946c16eecee05d4e53e1.jpg

I could eliminate the gear part and simply cement the wheels in the wells.........about the best solution there is ;)   and yes Egilman........I did a little digging......didn't have to go far........these kits,  both of them,  are likely older Revell kits.

1351442613_images1.jpg.b304c72e5436564ba051f9b0aecaa68d.jpg

Buffalo Bill is fictitious....there was no plane named.......the number jives though.   it was #2866 to roll out of the Ford plant back then.......42-73296.   one variant,  the PB4Y-2 didn't have the twin rudders......but a single horizontal fin.  I haven't looked yet,  but yes......it will be tough to find decals should I choose to change them.  I may because the decal sheets are scant of other definitive markings.  I may be able to get away with using 1:72.......if so,  I have plenty of B 17 decals to look through ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 3 months later...

I wish I could make some progress with this project........but at the moment,  I'm stalled.  I still can't find the part I seem to have lost,  I have pretty much visited every place I might have gone...this kit has only been in two places in the house!  some light did shine into the tunnel,  when Lou sent me a link to not only get the part,  but add major detail to the engines and other areas of the plane.........cripes,  I could even buy another kit and do a Dolittle plane,  as I've been wanting to!  I made the order.......but it was later canceled due to the virus :(   this morning I contacted the seller,  to see that if I ordered it again,  can I still get it.  I ordered a DVD set that came from China.........it is due to arrive today {I can't wait}.........so I can't see why this gent can't mail it {he hails from Korea}.  I'll keep you updated as to what comes of it  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: