Tally Ho by jwpage - Scale 1:16

Your work is amazing, so is the wood you started with, I thought you were going to make cabinets😁

I looked into the bolts, you are correct they are expensive and I can not find them in bulk, threaded rod is by the piece, no savings there, and to find 1/16 rod in my bin I was looking at paper clips, I wasn’t sure how I would hold the brass rod while I threaded it, I do have it in plastic rod, the bolts would be easy to turn, but no realism there. Although it would make 4 sided bolts easygoing.

if you could move up to 1/8 inch it would reduce the price considerably.

keep up the good work.

everyone on this site is so amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are still looking for a supplier for micro nut, screws, taps, and drills check out Tabco Optical.   ( tabcooptical.com )

I purchased 100 M1.4/1.4mm nuts for $5.95  I made eye bolts out of 3/64 rod and used these nuts.  I retapped these nuts with a 1.7mm tap for use with 1/16 rod.  I enjoy following your build and the purple heart looks great.

On 2/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, Thistle17 said:

How am to ever get my modeling done? Now I have to follow your fine works, watch Leo and his build and Acorn to Arabella.

Indeed i find your "gems" amusing and it keeps me on my toes. You have a sense of humor.

Joe

I'll soon get back to it.  I just spent the last month preparing and attending a 6 day class.  I watch them both too.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work, it's like seeing the series all over again!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’ve just come across model ship world and your blog, which is amazing, whilst looking for a set of plans for Tally Ho. I’m looking to build a model of Tally Ho in line with the original design and plans, then I came across your build which is exactly what I have in mind. I don’t know if you can help me but I’m having trouble getting a set of plans. I read that you got your set of plans from Albert Strange Association. I contacted ASA through their contact page but had no reply. As you where successful in acquiring a set of plans from them I wonder if it would be possible to advise me of the contact point that you used as it might be more successful.

Regards Delboy

On 4/5/2021 at 1:14 PM, Delboy said:

Hi, I’ve just come across model ship world and your blog, which is amazing, whilst looking for a set of plans for Tally Ho. I’m looking to build a model of Tally Ho in line with the original design and plans, then I came across your build which is exactly what I have in mind. I don’t know if you can help me but I’m having trouble getting a set of plans. I read that you got your set of plans from Albert Strange Association. I contacted ASA through their contact page but had no reply. As you where successful in acquiring a set of plans from them I wonder if it would be possible to advise me of the contact point that you used as it might be more successful.

Regards Delboy

This is a tough one.  When I contacted the ASA, they pointed me to the Mystic Museum.  But they want $40 per page.  I think there are about 20 pages in total. I was fortunate that there was a member at the ASA that had 1 set left for a reasonable cost.  I don't think that is the case anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for your reply, I’ll have to see if I can find someone with a set of plans that they no longer require.

It’s strange when you think how popular and how much interest that there is in Tally Ho as a  result of the amazing work that Leo and model makers like yourself are doing you would think that they would make it easier to get plans which would promote the ASA and the work they do. Still, it is what it is, I’ll just have to keep looking.

Regards Derek 

• 5 months later...

It is with a heavy heart that I am giving up on my model of the Tally Ho. I am dealing with cancer and the treatments. I don't want to toss this project and am looking for someone who thinks they can continue with it. I will sell all the parts wood and full size drawings and the many notes that I have. Sorry not my tools. If interested please contact me. I want to dispose as a complete project and not to piece meal.

JW, I am so very sorry to hear of your health issues. It's a dang shame you have to give up working on your Tally Ho. I think you should put a notice in the marketplace section for the Tally Ho project. I wish you the very best, hoping you treatments are 100% successful........Keith 

I too am sorry to hear this.  I hope the treatments work.   Keith is right... put it in the Traders/Dealers area.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I was saddened to read your last posting and I know it is a very challenging time for all concerned, my brother-in-law has just completed his treatment for cancer and there are signs that things are moving in the right direction so you must stay positive at all times.

As you know i am also looking to build a model of Tale Ho but having difficulty in locating the plans etc. and would be interested in continuing your good work.

I am not sure where you are based but i am in the UK and at this point in time i have no idea what the logistics would be but if you think this is posable I would be pleased to discus it further with you regarding price, shipping and so on.

My best regards Derek

JW, I'm so sorry to read of your health issues. I hope that things will turn around and improve for you. I also hope that you can find someone to carry the torch for you with Tally Ho. Every best wish as you face treatment and for a good outcome.

Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

8 hours ago, Delboy said:

I was saddened to read your last posting and I know it is a very challenging time for all concerned, my brother-in-law has just completed his treatment for cancer and there are signs that things are moving in the right direction so you must stay positive at all times.

As you know i am also looking to build a model of Tale Ho but having difficulty in locating the plans etc. and would be interested in continuing your good work.

I am not sure where you are based but i am in the UK and at this point in time i have no idea what the logistics would be but if you think this is posable I would be pleased to discus it further with you regarding price, shipping and so on.

My best regards Derek

I had another guy ask me to ship to New York.  I am in California.  The raw lumber I have for the project weight over 40 pounds.  The base and lofting boards maybe another 20. Don't think it would be worth it.  I was hoping for someone to come pick it up.

• 5 months later...