Hello there again 

as you know already from the title I am working on the Model space Victory and have a new problem now when I started planking at the stern  I notice the planking  is not coming out even with the other side as you see from the photos I have no problem removing a plank or two if it comes to that, since   I only added one plank on the left side so far and I even measured the distance from the bend to the edge of the stern which is 40mm from plank # 5, when I add  plank #5  to the right side it should be the same distance right, What should I should do to make them  even before I continue with the rest, I would appreciate any input from anyone who has done the model space Victory  thank you 

Ronald 

thumbnail (6) planking uneven at transon closer view .jpg

thumbnail (6) planking uneven at transon.jpg

Ron, battens are thin strips of wood, e.g. 2 x 2 mm square stock, used to help judge the run of planks in a planking belt. They help you determine whether the run is properly following the curvature of the hull.