Dannebrog by Per Rise - Royal Danish Yacht

Hi All

As mentioned in my introduction, scratch building Dannebrog, is my next project. 

Dannebrog is, in fact, a military ship, and  counted in The Royal Danish Navy. It is also Her Majesty's ship.

It was launched on Oct. 10th 1931, and still in operation.

I have access to a very limited drawings and photos, so I have to make my own drawings. A larger job, with measuring from the available drawings.

The ship will be build in scale 1:75, so the finished model will be 104 cm in length.

So far, the keel and all the bulkward is drawed - see example, and I have mounted the keel ready for mounting bulkwards.

Pictures to come.

Regards

Per Rise

Dannebrog.jpg

Kongeskibet Dannebrog - skabeloner.pdf

Per,

I am sure many of us are looking forward to your build log progress Per, especially as you will have limited amounts of information to work with. 

Are there Danish governmental or private archives that may have more details?  I have found that archival facilities in the US and UK have been treasure troves of information so there may be some help in that type of place in Denmark as well.   

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Ah! A ship from a era when luxury yachts were elegant, unlike todays monstrosities. i look forward to seeing her come to life.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

• 2 months later...

Well done, you are making great progress.   Hope to see more soon.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very nice build Per,

I love to see scratch builds.... here at MSW

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 12:14 AM, dannebrog builder said:

Hi Per, great progress. I am also trying to build the Dannebrog. Can I buy from you the plans and details that you have used for your model.

Regards,

Greg

Attached drawings.

I have created most of the details in Inkscape and Tinkercad e.g. window frame, doors, airvent, chimney. I have tyhese in STL format ready to 3D print

Regards

Per Rise

Dannebrog - Shipyard drawings - scale 1-100.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from France !

Happy to discover people interested in this famous yatch, really superb !

Long time ago I builted it from a "Billing Boats" kit, but infortunately It was destroyed ....

It is possible to aquire from you the building plans, whatever origin ?

Thanks in advance, my best regards

Segio Pereira Carvalho

(Vertou-Nantes-France)

On 7/27/2023 at 3:12 PM, Sergio Pereira Carvalho said:

Hello from France !

Happy to discover people interested in this famous yatch, really superb !

Long time ago I builted it from a "Billing Boats" kit, but infortunately It was destroyed ....

It is possible to aquire from you the building plans, whatever origin ?

Thanks in advance, my best regards

Segio Pereira Carvalho

(Vertou-Nantes-France)

Hi Sergio

Unfortunately these are the only drawing I have. From the drawings, you should be able to make a scratch build i scale 1:100 or whatever scale you may prefer.

I am using these drawings duing my build, which is not completed yet.

Regards

• 7 months later...
25 minutes ago, Odi-0602 said:

Hallo Per, ich habe die Dannebrog 1 + 2  bereits gebaut. Nur nach verfügbaren Fotos aus dem Netz.

Hello, Odi. Please remember that this is an English-language forum. You may use an online translator, if necessary.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass hier Englisch erforderlich ist. Bei Bedarf können Sie einen Online-Übersetzer verwenden.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane