Nau Portugal with 48 cannons

Daniel Filipe

Hello all, i'm sorry if i'm posting on the wrong 'area'. Please move if needed.
I just want to share with you a portuguese website about an amazing ship built in 1939 or 1940 i'm not sure. Many pictures from different angles.

You may be interested.. Or not 😆

https://restosdecoleccao.blogspot.com/2015/05/nau-portugal.html

(In a few weeks i will start the Polaris building log)
Thanks,

Daniel

AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! My heart skipped a beat as she keeled over. There's this horrible inevitability about it all. I'm so glad they raised her again. And what a beautiful ship. I'm just sorry I don't understand Portuguese.

And in the final scene she is moored with the monument to Henry the Navigator in the background. Very appropriate.

Ooops!

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

11 hours ago, Louie da fly said:

AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! My heart skipped a beat as she keeled over. There's this horrible inevitability about it all. I'm so glad they raised her again. And what a beautiful ship. I'm just sorry I don't understand Portuguese.

And in the final scene she is moored with the monument to Henry the Navigator in the background. Very appropriate.

Would be amazing seeing someone creating this model. Maybe in a distant future. For some reason, This ‘Nau’ reminded me of HMS Revenge, having almost the same size in reality.. anyways.

They constructed the ship for an event that happened in 1940 in Lisbon.

in the end, as you can see in the website, (the last picture) they transformed the beautiful ship in a barge. 😐

Well, that’s it 😄

16 hours ago, Daniel Filipe said:

Would be amazing seeing someone creating this model. Maybe in a distant future. For some reason, This ‘Nau’ reminded me of HMS Revenge, having almost the same size in reality.. anyways.

They constructed the ship for an event that happened in 1940 in Lisbon.

in the end, as you can see in the website, (the last picture) they transformed the beautiful ship in a barge. 😐

Well, that’s it 😄

Well, with the war going on, it's possible the barge was needed more.  On the other hand, if they hadn't what would have happened to her during the war?  Still a sad ending.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)