I have a Mamoli Victory that I started and totally lost interest in. I will give it away free!  I can’t guarantee that everything is still in the box; I’m pretty sure that I may have cannibalized a few blocks over time.  Shipping will be on the order of $100 which I think is too steep, but that’s what UPS told me a year or two ago when I offered this before.  However, If someone within say 50 miles of Leesburg, VA , wants it I am willing to meet at a reasonable halfway point.  I’d like to see this go to someone who will finish it rather than trash it.  We are in the process of some serious down sizing; selling our home and buying a much smaller place and I am going to have to really restrict the ship yard. 

watch this space as there may well be more kits for sale or donation in the next 6 months. 

E2D0EF65-9204-4287-A34C-DF2E889F243C.jpeg

4010C9A8-FBA2-4DED-A726-C8D5B2C03636.jpeg

Have you considered US postal service.

I have shipped large packages with them Often.   ModelExpo uses USPS and Chuck at Syren does also..

While your actual numbers may be different, I calculated a 30x8x4 inch package at 5 pounds  from VA to CA would cost $26.70.  2-day Priority..

Postage calculator.

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

how much do you think it will cost if you box it?   I'm interested :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

If you are getting a free kit, with the hull built and deck planked for $100.00 shipped by who ever packs it, I would jump on it. I have built this particular Mamoli Victory several years ago, and it is a nice kit that builds into a respectable model. If I wanted to build another Victory, I would be all over this deal like a frog on a June Bug.

8 hours ago, Gregory said:

Have you considered US postal service.

I have shipped large packages with them Often.   ModelExpo uses USPS and Chuck at Syren does also..

While your actual numbers may be different, I calculated a 30x8x4 inch package at 5 pounds  from VA to CA would cost $26.70.  2-day Priority..

Postage calculator.

Where are you going to put the already together hull? It ain't going to in a 30x8x4 box, the original kit box maybe. 

30 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

If you are getting a free kit, with the hull built and deck planked for $100.00 shipped by who ever packs it, I would jump on it. I have built this particular Mamoli Victory several years ago, and it is a nice kit that builds into a respectable model. If I wanted to build another Victory, I would be all over this deal like a frog on a June Bug.

I agree.

Defo love to see someone take up this offer and complete with a build log.

1 hour ago, mtdoramike said:

Where are you going to put the already together hull? It ain't going to in a 30x8x4 box, the original kit box maybe. 

I was just putting that out as an example of what it cost to ship USPS.  Did you see the part about:  

While your actual numbers may be different,

But thanks anyway, for your help...

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

I was simply curious........I'm still interested :)   I tried to PM you but your not set up to accept pm's.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

10 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I tried to PM you but your not set up to accept pm's. 

That’s weird. I have received PMs. I will recheck my settings.
We just signed a contract for a new smaller home and have a lot on my mind, but  I plan to pack this kit up this week and see if I can get an estimate from USPS.  Stay tuned. 

6 hours ago, ragove said:

I don’t see any setting to allow or deny PMs?

anyway, for anyone interested in the Victory, my email is ragove@verizon.net

Check to see if your inbox is full.  There's a limit to the number of PM's. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

that's strange........wonder why I got that message?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

that's strange........wonder why I got that message?

not sure why that happened. a temporary glitch maybe?

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

With my own packaging which includes reconstructing a box to get the needed length, both USPS and UPS look like in the vicinity of $70 to send to California (worst case assumption). Large heavy boxes cost more and the box has to be like 30” long.  If someone sends me their zip code I can weigh and measure more accurately and get a better estimate. 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

glad to hear she has a home :)  I extend my thanks as well.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: