HMS Victory by Eugenio Treviño - Corel - 1:98

Hi everybody!

All channels are in place now. 

F97CC480-B5DC-413D-AF5C-2947CCC5698E.thumb.jpeg.b507e1e79bd1f5272dfdb133429d34bf.jpeg

600D0C5D-4C51-4212-99DD-EF807FCBF7B1.thumb.jpeg.597737fe231b8c0ad50ae22cf04fa145.jpeg

The only structures I see on the plans are still missing before starting with the masts and rigging are the boats davits; but I think I will do them at the end of the build.

Best regards!

On 3/11/2021 at 11:29 PM, Eugenio Treviño said:

I hope I will not break them while rigging.

Great progress! If they come loose, you may want to peg them with some wires then insert into predrilled holes on the hull. Here's what I did in my build: 

Current: 

USF Confederacy - Model Shipways (Build Log)

HMS Pickle - Caldercraft (Build Log)

Complete:

Virgina 1819 - Artesania Latina (Gallery)

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways (Build Log, Gallery)

On the shelf:

Armed Virginia Sloop - Model Shipways

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends.

The fore channel’s deadeyes have been set. Not so satisfied with the port side, but after some practice the starboard side turned out much better.

Here are the picks.

Best regards.

CAD320F9-44F3-4727-BA3E-D7F84CA7613E.jpeg

512EB466-5A9E-4DAF-91AF-C9692E22F590.jpeg

Edited by Eugenio Treviño
Add content.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Just a few words to congratulate you. She looks nice !

I spent a few months far from my Victory. Still settling in the house, had to to some masonry and take care of the garden. 

Hope I will get some time for the construction, yet planking is far from finished.

Best regards

Nicolas

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 3:17 PM, Kranck said:

Hi there

Just a few words to congratulate you. She looks nice !

I spent a few months far from my Victory. Still settling in the house, had to to some masonry and take care of the garden. 

Hope I will get some time for the construction, yet planking is far from finished.

Best regards

Nicolas

Nicolas thank you very much for your kind words!!! Congratulations for your new home!

Fortunately my professional activity has come back to a more normal situation, so my time for the build has been reduced significantly.

Nevertheless today I reached my second milestone and I am very happy with the result. I will post the pics next.

Best regards!

Today, after 9 months, I have reached  what I consider my second milestone. Finishing the HMS Victory’s hull and all its structures. I am very happy with the result. Of course it is not the greatest Victory model, but one I am really proud of. I have learn a lot and overcome a lot of difficulties.

Now the third and final stage will begin. Masting and rigging. I have no idea how I will do it, but I am decided to do my best to accomplish the task.

Here are the picks!!!

636CE0BD-42A6-496D-9408-E2E9092EB898.jpeg

0E1978EB-A6DA-45D7-AD00-2599EE8117C0.jpeg

66070BD7-6228-47B7-8F22-B1723280B0A2.jpeg

A88D9893-CEB7-4233-BF33-48F6F3A65534.jpeg

AE8B9113-6187-4ACB-AC91-BFDD90BCA818.jpeg

F2556ED8-D97F-4419-93AF-E47EBA2AC147.jpeg

80695C9B-5DB1-4734-9F85-AC641D4C674D.jpeg

Hi there   Eugenio,

Let me cut straight to the chase and say to you sir  -  with the kit  you took on  - with what you had  in front of you in the box,   you have done a Marvelous job, it was always going to be tough with this kit  (For Anyone)   but  you have  excelled with this kit  stamping  your own  personality on it  - that you will take forward with you into future builds.

Keep up the  good work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Wow, excellent work Eugenio, you have built it exactly how the instructions describe and it looks great. One small detail, the holes for the belaying pins should be a little larger so they sit down further on the bulge in the middle of them

Cheers

Steve

Current Build: HMB Endeavour 1:51 (Eaglemoss part work)

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

Yes, excellent work Eugenio.

Richard

Next build:

Completed builds:

AL's Endeavour,  Corel's BellonaAmati's Xebec,  Billing's Roar Ege, Panart's Armed Launch

Ships' Boats - Vanguard 1:64 and Master Korabel 1:72

Alexander Arbuthnot,  Christiaan Brunings,  Pevenseall by World of Paperships

HMS Pegasus by Victory

Captain John Smith's Shallop by Pavel Nitikin

Rumpler "Taube" 1911 by HMV

Eugenio,

As an obvious fan of HMS Victory, you may be  interested to know that there is a project in the works to produce a television series about Nelson and Trafalgar.  The writer, Adam Preston, is working on getting folks to sign on to show the TV studios he works with that there is significant interest in seeing this project come to fruition.  I hope you don't mind that I am posting this here as Victory is an obvious part of this project.  Please take a look at the New Podcast/TV series about Nelson and Maritime Britain during the Trafalgar Period post in the Nautical/Naval History forum here at MSW and sign on board.  

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU