USF Essex by mtbediz - FINISHED - 1:50

11 hours ago, NovaStorm said:

Yes great work as usual. You are doing a fine job working out how to make everything. Which drill press are you using with your XY table. Is it Proxxon drill press or ? 

Thank you so much Robin. I am using Proxxon Micro Miller MF 70, It really makes the life much easier :)

Edited by mtbediz

On 12/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, mtbediz said:

I am using Proxxon Micro Miller MF 70, It really makes the life much easier :)

Thank you for that info my friend. I have been eyeing the MF 70 and was debating between that or the Byarns Thickness sander for my next purchase. Cheers, Robin :) 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TBlack said:

For me, the critical part is being able to make the wheel. Out of a solid piece of wood there will be cross grain, and no stability. So, dear Mustafa, how did you manage to deal with that?

Tom

Excuse me Tom, I don't think I can understand what you are asking about :( Can you explain in more detail please.

I continue with the guns. I have to complete installing of all the cannons and other furnitures on the gun deck before installing quarter deck and waist deck frames.
I forgot to paint the wheels black before I glued them on the carriages so I decided to paint the whole carriage red. These cannons will hardly be seen since they will be under the quarter deck and waist deck. There will be fully visible cannons on the quarter deck and I will make the correct colouring for those cannons.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

On 2/25/2021 at 5:30 AM, TBlack said:

Mustafa,

Recognizing the language barrier, I'll try to be brief. Your pictures of the wheel construction (post 49) start with the wheel (ring) already made. I'dlike to know how you made the wheel (ring).

Tom Black 

OK Tom, understood now. I first cut the rings roughly with my  scroll saw and then finished with sanding machines.

Edited by mtbediz