1/48 Italeri CH47 (Chinook) "Big Wokka" RAF

On 10/21/2020 at 4:57 AM, Canute said:

Nice looking red seats, OC. Do you have lap belts for those seats. They're usually strewn all over the seat bottoms. The pax just up and leave them wherever and the crews in the cabin have enough other duties to worry about neatness. You're doing great work on this beast, sir.

Seat belts.. novel idea.  I don't recall outside of the US, anyone except the pilots in our -34's and -53's using them.  The crew sure didn't.  We just hung on for take-offs and landings.   For a hard landing you knew was coming, lay on the floor (head towards the stern) and hope for the best.

Evening all,   next stage in my  train build - I mean  wokka build  is the inner side wall details  -   this starts  with applying a few  decals  for the emergency exit  and  first aid boxes, after these were on I put a few coats of micro sol on to settle then down in to the curves of the padding on the walls,  then I  worked on the last section of bench seating - this was constructed to represent then in a folded up position (they needed a bit of chopping here and there)  they were then painted  then glued in place.

They are not glued to the floor yet  - just placed to show how they will look.

OC.

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

Evening all,    I  got some  good progress done today  - I finished  off attaching the the other folded seats  - then I glued both side walls  to the floor,   this was a fiddly operation getting the position right while not damaging the seats, I left them to set for a few hours  then I  located the roof part  - this was dry fitted and I soon dicovered it needed a bit of wiggling to get it to lign up with the lugs and wall edges,  after moving the side walls slightly  I was able to glue the roof down  - while positioning it while the glue was setting.

So this is the inner section boxed together   just needs some detail painting to the inner ramp roof area, before I can fit both outer sides.

OC.

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

On 10/22/2020 at 1:32 PM, mtaylor said:

Seat belts.. novel idea.  I don't recall outside of the US, anyone except the pilots in our -34's and -53's using them.  The crew sure didn't.

Same here Mark. Heck, sometimes we didn't even bother with seats! And doors? Who needs stinking doors? (Well I do have to admit that we didn't often actually take them off.)

But the two times I did fly in a Sh**hook it had not only jump seats just like these but belts as well. You also have to remember that as this is an OC build it is British and will be properly shipshape and Bristol fashion at all times!:D

Looking nice OC

1 hour ago, lmagna said:

Same here Mark. Heck, sometimes we didn't even bother with seats! And doors? Who needs stinking doors? (Well I do have to admit that we didn't often actually take them off.)

But the two times I did fly in a Sh**hook it had not only jump seats just like these but belts as well. You also have to remember that as this is an OC build it is British and will be properly shipshape and Bristol fashion at all times!:D

Looking nice OC

Of course,  nothing out of place here in Blighty, old chap!!😁

As Lou said,  coming along nicely 😀