Delftship question

I see on the Delftship sight that you can design ship hulls, but I see nothing about using the program to develop frames, keels or other parts as 2D drawings.  Is it possible with delftship or should I look for a different program?

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thanks

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

Bob,

Delftship is a good (because it's free and good :P) tool for modelling 3D hull. With some effort you can obtain any shape of a ship (and more), develope it to frames and other elements - but you will need any other vector graphics programme for comfortable work. It could be any CAD or Corel Draw, for example. As I have promised to Anja, I will show a short tutorial for preparing such drawings.

Jaro,

Please PM me when you start the tutorial, I wouldn't want to miss it.

Bob

Hi Bob, I used Delftship to model the hull of my James Caird build.

It did a great job and I used it to produce drawings of bulkheads which I cut out in ply for a mould.

I also used it to produce the keel.

Very useful.

cheers, Bernie

• 3 months later...

Bob,

Delftship is a good (because it's free and good :P) tool for modelling 3D hull. With some effort you can obtain any shape of a ship (and more), develope it to frames and other elements - but you will need any other vector graphics programme for comfortable work. It could be any CAD or Corel Draw, for example. As I have promised to Anja, I will show a short tutorial for preparing such drawings.

Hi, Jaro!

Did you start the tutorial? If you did, please, can you put the link in this topic?

Kind regards,

Hrvoje

Kind regards,

Hrvoje :)

Finished: Leut by Dida

My current build: Leut II

My forum dealing with traditional Croatian and Mediterranean shipbuilding: http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu.