No you misunderstand - the last two images was trying to resize smaller as I usually do.

Bring them down to around 3 or 400 px  - works in edit but resize disappears when saved.

Always worked before! Just done it again to check and take these illustations still problem - tried two different browsers

So we startfrm00392.jpg.c7005995b496237f1d8f102857b35e07.jpg

then we edit

frm00393.jpg.ec91243c3d745d5ea08f116a1b02f19a.jpg

and it worksfrm00394.jpg.61e8a8ec96bff7ac02f6985e4356a959.jpg

and then we save and !!! back to big again

frm00395.jpg.c93da7e3920aed1cb126d9524b414b60.jpg

and to further illustrate here on this post is a new pic

IMG_5691.JPG.f300bbcdc3c7e84e210ec80f4e429060.JPG

just edited it to 500px  from 990 px - works and now I save and its back to size again. There is a real new problem here   Try it youself

Ok, also edited your last post's photo from 900 to 500px as you mention, and it also remained as I edited it. Take a quick look.

What browsers did you use?

I tried editing these on a Mac, using Safari and Chrome.

Strange its always work perfectly before - i dont like taking up to much space with pics but  i have just tried with an old pic which I resized long ago  with no issue       https://modelshipworld.com/topic/420-hms-pegasus-by-simonthepieman-victory-models-164-started-by-spyglass/?do=findComment&comment=185384  

and that fails too something strange here  -same source pic !

1390933347_flystern.thumb.jpg.420689c7ec03fce9ce83b4c99b5d4129.jpg

Edited by Admin to resize - James H

17 minutes ago, SpyGlass said:

OK Im using PC with Chrome or Firefox its intriguing

Now  did you say you had edited down my last stern pic - because it still shows original size here 1010 wide

I cleared my caches

Weird. I changed it back, flushed my cache and ran support tool in admin. It still shows as the size I put it.

I'll look at the post editing history to see if it sheds any light. 

5 minutes ago, SpyGlass said:

I did notice that the "editing" tool has changed over the last few weeks and two different versions come up - randomly as far as I can see.

Perhaps there is some interference

Two different versions? I've only seen one version, and that's the one we've always had.

Can you screenshot them for us when you can?

Hope its ok me jumping in here also?     I too am also experiencing some odd behaviour  with posting pictures, what happens with me sometimes  - I go into my pictures  on my HDD  flip any so they are horizontal in landscape mode, then when I drag and drop them  I find that  its been changed back to its upright  portrait mode, also  sometimes  the pictues are loaded upside down  despite me getting them the right way up in my picture folders before dragging them into here.

Its odd because I never had this problem before.

OC.

59 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Hope its ok me jumping in here also?     I too am also experiencing some odd behaviour  with posting pictures, what happens with me sometimes  - I go into my pictures  on my HDD  flip any so they are horizontal in landscape mode, then when I drag and drop them  I find that  its been changed back to its upright  portrait mode, also  sometimes  the pictues are loaded upside down  despite me getting them the right way up in my picture folders before dragging them into here.

Its odd because I never had this problem before.

OC.

Ok, take a look at this:

Thanks for that James, I understand it now  when you take a photo  (thats anything different from a basic  lanscape (right way up)  mode  and manualy change it  before posting it here - it will  automatically  change back to the way the photo was taken, due  to the orientation  info in the exif,   a cure for this is to import the photo (first)  into a  photo editer  -  rotate it (alter it to tast)  then save as a new picture file, then  import the new altered picture file into here.

OC.

Photos are tricky beasts . But what I am seeing is a change in previous behavior I was cheerfully putting pics on my log and reducing the size  usiing the "tool obtained by double clicking the image and then a few days later it didnt work anymore. What is really intriguing is that the size reduction edit works fine in edit mode but as soon as the edit is saved the images go back to pre-edit size  ??  Strange and just as a demo i will add the same pic twice o here and edit one

original1634747338_standaboutright.jpg.7abe54fe0a5e1779349be8f5b7770fba.jpg608365934_standaboutright2.jpg.b10f1e579840134cb4d585065ffa2673.jpg

I captured a vid of the phenomenum- but cant post it but here is a still during the edit where its clearly reducing the lower image properly before it returns to size on save !

frm00398.jpg.f369d113e16378def3d9a1041c9beda8.jpg

Edited by SpyGlass

I am seeing the same behavior when trying to use the built in resize tool.

My original picture was resized in Paint before uploading it.

It shows smaller in the edit window then goes back to original size when I " save "..

Edit follows.

test.jpg.09d15fa113f38a3a0799536c52d21297.jpg

Edited by Gregory
Picture resize

Everything is working fine for me.  I dont think think there is an issue other than the fact that the editor was updated and changed when we did the last update.  Nothing we can do about that.  It might just take some members a bit of time to get used to it.  Some are quick to adapt while others may take longer.  

if all else fails ....resize all off your photos in an outside editor like photoshop.  

chuck

I also have had the way I posted pictures before not working.

I use ImageShack and I use to just hit "Get image sizes or links" then you see Type, Size so I use to hit Forum in Type and then hit large in Size then I would copy and paste to my blog and picture now does not work, I now have to hit Direct in Type to get picture to come up this happen the last time I updated my blog.

Edited by Retired guy
57 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I dont think think there is an issue

There is definitely an issue (though perhaps not universally noticed).   Prior forum functionality with regard to pic resizing is no longer working.   The options are there, and in creating a post the pictures do resize, but when posting all the resizing is dropped and pics are HUGE.   Just removed a long post because it was just ridiculous.    Its odd that the function seems available, but is not actually working.  

I see its only a problem for some.   Im just concerned that what did work a few days ago, no longer works and Im doing nothing differently...       Not a platform or browser issue as Im using the same machine, same camera and same process.   For clarity, I drag and drop images into the pst editor, and then double click and resize using the forum.  No other software involved.  

Test (resized from 1200 to 200px wide):

IMG_1834.thumb.JPG.3fffb15e9a0b795e31fe0188c645eae2.JPG

Edited by Justin P.
12 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

For those with Windows, a simple and very usable photo editor is Paint.  It's free and for resizing works a dream.   It's all I ever use to resize and have had no issues.  

I agree.  There are multiple workarounds for sure.  The built in resizer is a convenient feature and for me encourages more  photography as it require very few steps.   I hope it can be restored.   

Here is a screen shot of my post above where I tried to edit & post a 2nd resized image..

EditScrn.JPG.34a0d5b139fcbc111c62cfdd591bca07.JPG

Once I saved the edit, it went back to the original size, just like you see in the post in question.

Maybe it's a browser setting.  I will try in another browser .  I will also make a screen capture movie to show the steps I am taking.

Just resized this image in " Edge", previously in Chrome.

Didn't work, so not a browser issue.

Edited by Gregory