OK, the display model is done. Next week, I'll look it over and do any necessary touchup. It's always better for me to leave a finished model for a few days and look at it with fresh eyes. It's still on the building board as the case isn't done yet and the case base needs to be in place when Josh puts in the glass.  Once she's mounted on the case base, I'll get some better photos.

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4823.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

lovely work

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

That is one impressive model.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Having done what I could on the port side, flip over to the starboard side again. I'll be adding to mast #4; shrouds 1 & 4, jackstays,  backstay, and ratlines every 5th batten. To #3 mast; shrouds 2&3 (for the battens) and start the jackstay. Then we'll flip yet again.

W.thumb.jpg.788589823d995ff17ba50c7a95a89888.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What is the weight of her? She looks massive!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the jib halyards are done. While documenting where I belayed the lines, I was curious as to exactly what each jib sail was called. Wikipedia to the rescue, here's their take:

Schooners typically have up to three jibs. the foremast one sets on the topmast forestay and is generally called the jib topsail, a second on the main forestay is called the jib, and the innermost is called the staysail. Actually, all three sails are both jibs and staysails in the generic sense......

A large square-rigged ship typically has four jibs, but could have as many as six. From forward to aft, these sails are called;

Jib of jibs

Spindle jib

Flying jib

Outer jib

Inner jib

Fore (topmast) staysail

IMG_5006.thumb.jpg.de11be8c93e69432df7960552f903cc2.jpg

That’s a beautiful model!

Do you include sail plans with the kits?

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

3 minutes ago, MrBlueJacket said:

There's 975 feet of rigging line on her.

Right at a football field length of line. I'm impressed! 

Sorry, Nic. I was thinking back of the end zone to the back of the end zone for 360 feet but duh, I needed to add another two fields to the total. Dang, that's a lot of line.