Jefferson Davis by mrw4297 - FINISHED - BlueJacket Shipcrafters

Glad to see a build log for this kit. Good luck and have fun.

Tim

Current build: Continental Navy Frigate ALFRED (build log)                      

Past builds:     Steam Tug SEGUIN (build log in the kits 1850-1900 section)       

Liberty Ship SS Stephen Hopkins (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Basilone (DD-824) (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Olympia (Gallery)

USS Kirk (FF-1087) (Gallery & Build Log)

Interesting, the hull construction looks pretty much exactly like my Bluejacket America (which is sort of languishing in the shop).  I did not realize they had other kits that followed the same scheme.  I'll follow along to see how you progress.  Have fun with the build.

- Gary

Current Build: Artesania Latina Sopwith Camel

Completed Builds: Blue Jacket America 1/48th  Annapolis Wherry

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see a build log for this model. Good luck on your build.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am so glad to see this build log. I had an older version of this model and put up a build log before the crash. This was my very first ship model. It was probably a little too difficult for me, but with the help of the forum members, I built a pretty nice model. I finished the hull and deck furniture, stained everything and cut away the model from the original keel piece. I built the two masts before some family issues arose and I had to stop. I've started up again and have the gaffs, boom and main yard built. I expect to finish it this time. I'll be watching this log and hope you ask for help if you need it. And what I learned is that if I wasn't  sure that a piece looked good...I threw it away and built another one. (I am pretty sure I built some pieces 4 times.) Good luck with your build.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, gregs1234 said:

Hello, I am so glad to see this build log. I had an older version of this model and put up a build log before the crash. This was my very first ship model. It was probably a little too difficult for me, but with the help of the forum members, I built a pretty nice model. I finished the hull and deck furniture, stained everything and cut away the model from the original keel piece. I built the two masts before some family issues arose and I had to stop. I've started up again and have the gaffs, boom and main yard built. I expect to finish it this time. I'll be watching this log and hope you ask for help if you need it. And what I learned is that if I wasn't  sure that a piece looked good...I threw it away and built another one. (I am pretty sure I built some pieces 4 times.) Good luck with your build.

Glad you got back to work on the J.D. My biggest problem is learning to navigate thru this computer stuff. I also have remanufactured several pieces.

Thank you for offering to help. I will probable take you up on it.

• 6 months later...

Ok finally back to building. we bought a new house and for some reason the admiral  wanted new flooring installed, the kitchen remodeled ( including moving walls) and the whole house painted.  Not to mention a slight tour of the western U.S. for about a month. Now I get a chance to continue building the Jefferson Davis, new photos to follow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...