Enzo Ferrari by CDW - FINISHED - Tamiya 1:24 Scale

CDW

That sir is an Enzo Giallo Modena, made by Ferrari. There are many Giallo Modena's but only one Enzo Giallo Modena.....

How bout a reference?

And yes, in the very rare factory base model color of yellow with black trim and interior..... According to the web, most of them were built in red..

Beautiful car, and another difficult paint job....

1798079346_Enzopict11.jpg.a90c03ba93674e739b61b2e466fb42e2.jpg401621571_FerrariEnzoGialloModena11.jpg.e928d537a4ec96f429efc657abe4132e.jpg1425106134_FerrariEnzoGialloModena13.jpg.c428859685f68fca245884a27fcb9a5a.jpg

Nice turbo V-12 650+ HP......

Multi million dollar car.....

Nice pick..

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Quite the machine. I'm in also; pulling us a stack of tires. No rafter hanging for me.:D

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I will be  watching this with interest  - I had been looking for a Lotus Esprit Turbo  for years  - but they just dont do one   - this will be good.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

I'm like Ken.  A stack of tires for me.  Adds to the ambiance.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

oh yea!..........some sweet detail for that mill!  following along!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

2 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

I will be  watching this with interest  - I had been looking for a Lotus Esprit Turbo  for years  - but they just dont do one   - this will be good.

OC.

Nichmo, Monogram, Hasegawa, Fujimi & Airfix all made one..... Lotus Esprit-- Scalemates

The Hasegawa was a Monogram release pressed by Hasegawa.... ie. a knockoff.....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

5 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Nichmo, Monogram, Hasegawa, Fujimi & Airfix all made one..... Lotus Esprit-- Scalemates

The Hasegawa was a Monogram release pressed by Hasegawa.... ie. a knockoff.....

Dont want to derail  this thred  but No Esprit 2.2 Turbos models have ever been made for some strange reason,   you can get the Mk1's  and Bonds  Esprit - Sub   and  the later version with the GM motor,    just No  mk2's  - S2.2,  S2.2 Turbo.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

Dont want to derail  this thred  but No Esprit 2.2 Turbos models have ever been made for some strange reason,   you can get the Mk1's  and Bonds  Esprit - Sub   and  the later version with the GM motor,    just No  mk2's  - S2.2,  S2.2 Turbo.

OC.

You can kitbash one brother, Monogram pressed an '81 S3 which had the 2.2 turbo engine...... And Fujimi released the S1 which is the body style your looking for....

The S2 had the same straight body as the S1 and the 2.2 litre engine destined for the S3 was installed in an S2 in '80... only 88 were made in real life.... So your probably not going to see a model of such a car....

The only way to build one is kitbash....

The engine out of the Monogram S3 Turbo.... https://www.ebay.com/p/1400105695  Scott Van Aken previewed one over on MM a number of years back.....

And the body/chassi of the Fujimi S1 2.0...... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=Fujimi+126401&_sacat=0

That's the only way your going to get one brother.... Sorry....

And yeah, lets not derail Craigs thread anymore.... Thanks for the reminder brother......

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

I'm in! Rafter hanging.😊  Nice choice Craig 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

12 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Guess I beat Lou to the rafters

I don't need too much rafter room Jack and Edward. I like hanging from my feet. It helps relieve some of the pain in my back! :D Besides it gets me a little closer to the work in progress.

This is going to be one exotic build!

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

given any thought about doing this one in the carbon finish?  the yellow looks great..........red would be awesome :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Liking the look of that mate   - very nice paitwork.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Keep on pluggin it my friend, you haven't missed yet....

Quote:

Beautiful work Craig.  The fit and detail of the parts looks amazing.  Gotta love Tamiya kits!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Thanks Mike!

Just today, I realized I have either lost or misplaced the dash decals for the Ferrari which include the instrument dials and such for the interior which I am working now to finish. Will have to wait a while to see if Tamiya USA can rescue me with a small replacement decal sheet. In the meantime, will work on everything outside the interior while I am waiting for a replacement. 

Kind of hard to put a like on your pose Craig when you are having to side track on the decal problems but the work so far is impressive as always.

Seeing the model come together and how the car looks from the inside out, it is interesting how much racing technology is there and how little street practice. I WANT one! 😭 I would at least get to drive it home before my wife killed me! :blink: But I am pretty certain I would die a happy man.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Hard for me to like it as well. 😄

I don't recall ever seeing the little decal sheet in the kit, but whether I lost it or it was never there, same process must be followed. Just have to order another to replace it. There are plenty of other steps I can take to work around the missing sheet for the time being. For one, there are a couple dozen carbon fiber decals that must be cut by hand. Tamiya supplies the carbon fiber decal sheet but they are die printed on the back for the builder to cut out themselves. These go in various places all over the car chassis and interior.