F-22 Raptor - Airfix Quickbuild - Edwardkenway and grandson aged 6 - FINISHED

9 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Of course my wife gives me that, "I didn't make the mess" look,

Oh yes I know that look well,  but then I get distracted on mission clear up and carry on where the kids left off:D

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

53 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

my grand kids are into legos at the moment........but I think the oldest may end up as a 'gundam' kid.  he love transformers and he does well with the 'science kits' {we got him a couple last Christmas}.   never got to far with my two boys......the ground moved a few times,  but nothing rock solid 😜     

My two granddaughters are all Harry Potter at the moment, the grandson is the stereotypical boy and loves cars, bikes and planes. The girls are quite creative (drawing, and lego) then along comes the boy and he'd do well in demolition, then WW3 breaks out and grandpa is back on mission clear up (see previous post):stunned:

Current builds;

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

22 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Of course my wife gives me that, "I didn't make the mess" look, so I know better than to go there for help!

I've got the other side of it, I'm in the middle of building something and, (usually when I'm not there) she will "clean the workspace" meaning she puts all the tools/materials away, sweeps up everything and wipes down the workbench.... She has never gotten that I"m not finished and she doubled the work now that I have to drag everything back out.... (not to mention the lost time re-doing work that she tossed cause it looked like trash to her trained eye)..... But she would beam golden rays about how spiffy the workspace was.... 

She once asked why I stopped building, and I very carefully explained that it's very depressing to have to redo half the work cause she "cleaned it up"........

She eventually learned to leave the workbench alone when she figured out how much cheaper it was to not have to replace things she threw away........ 

Nowadays, I have my own space, (with a closable door) and she understands to just close the door on it if I'm working on something although she still voices her desire to clean up the space....

Of course my space is all the way on the other side of the house, a part that she doesn't go into very often, (relatively speaking) so she doesn't have to look at it... {chuckle}

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Now I never have that trouble as the Admiral won't go near my bench but the door is often closed usually while I'm still at the bench:wacko: her excuse? You're getting dust everywhere. 

Current builds;

Completed: