Sea Witch by Moltinmark - FINISHED - Lindberg - 1/96

39 minutes ago, Rach10199 said:

Such a great job! I'll be happy if mine turns out half as fine as this👍 

Thank you Rachel. This is my 2nd build of a ship. 1st plastic build. I saw this in a outlet store and thought it would be helpful learning rigging a mult mast ship. My first ship I did during the initial lockdown last april may before I knew about this website. Lots of helpful people and resources. 

Moltinmark 

Dri-Fit of the sales. as I was doing that I realized it's going to get very tight on the deck to add rope coils and sailors and the like so I started adding all the sailors. I have them unfurling the Mainsail and getting ready ready to deploy the four main sales

20210109_105003.jpg

20210108_221114.jpg

20210108_220935.jpg

Moltinmark 

Hi Moltinmark,

Looking nice.  I don't envy you the task of placing all the running rigging with all those sails in the way!  haha.. 

One quick thing I noticed from your pictures - the 'bands' on the anchor crosses should be painted black, as those bands would be iron.

Edit: Oh, and to answer your question earlier in the thread about standing rigging, it was not loosened in port unless the ship was being de-rigged for overhaul or maintenance.  It would normally be all left in place and tensioned up. 

Edited by GuntherMT

On 1/12/2021 at 1:15 AM, GuntherMT said:

Hi Moltinmark,

Looking nice.  I don't envy you the task of placing all the running rigging with all those sails in the way!  haha.. 

One quick thing I noticed from your pictures - the 'bands' on the anchor crosses should be painted black, as those bands would be iron.

Edit: Oh, and to answer your question earlier in the thread about standing rigging, it was not loosened in port unless the ship was being de-rigged for overhaul or maintenance.  It would normally be all left in place and tensioned up. 

Thanks Gunther it's always good to have a second pair of eyes. Yeah I'm a little nervous about getting in there being so close the end of the build and Wrecking something and having to redo it 

Moltinmark 

• 6 months later...

NICE BUILD LOKKING GREAT. I AM BUILDING THIS SHIP NOW. I LOST THE HEAVY BLACK THREAD. ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GET THIS THREAD ONLY NEED A FEW FEET TO FINISH THIS MODEL UP. I LOOKED ALL OVER THE WEB BUT COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Sea Witch by Moltinmark - FINISHED - Lindberg - 1/96