Cutty Sark by Kathy Teel - Artesania Latina

Congratulation for your wonderful Cutty Sark! 
Looking at your sails there are details that catches my eyes. 
Your yards seem to have the jackstays, as the real Cutty Sark have. However, your sails are bent on the yards, and not on the jackstays, which is, in my understanding, the correct way of bend them. 
Secondly, the chains going up from the edge of the lower yards should be the sheets. 
If so, they should be shackled to the sheet point of the upper sails, not to a block below an upper yard.
Please take this lines only as an open discussion, I have in no way the intention of criticize your model, which is beautiful. 
I'm myself building a Cutty Sark , I know how complex it can get to follow the rigging, and I would like to discover any eventual mistakes as soon as possible to correct them. That's why I'm writing you. 
I am in no way an expert, so take my advices as they are, just a guess, and if you like your model as it is please ignore them! 

Current build: Cutty Sark - Revell - 1:96:   https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25323-cutty-sark-by-bruma-revell-196/

19 hours ago, Bruma said:

Congratulation for your wonderful Cutty Sark! 
Looking at your sails there are details that catches my eyes. 
Your yards seem to have the jackstays, as the real Cutty Sark have. However, your sails are bent on the yards, and not on the jackstays, which is, in my understanding, the correct way of bend them. 
Secondly, the chains going up from the edge of the lower yards should be the sheets. 
If so, they should be shackled to the sheet point of the upper sails, not to a block below an upper yard.
Please take this lines only as an open discussion, I have in no way the intention of criticize your model, which is beautiful. 
I'm myself building a Cutty Sark , I know how complex it can get to follow the rigging, and I would like to discover any eventual mistakes as soon as possible to correct them. That's why I'm writing you. 
I am in no way an expert, so take my advices as they are, just a guess, and if you like your model as it is please ignore them! 

Good day,

I Agree with Bruma remarks, I doubt if it is right way

*to bent sails to the yard in this case( clipper) but not to the jackstays

*and agreed with remarks about chain sheet and clew lines attachements- I think this part of your rigging need to be additionaly studied for understanding system work and checked,of  couse if You want and need it ;)...

this couple of screenshot from Harold .A. Underhill book 

hau masting and rigging clipper ship 33.pdf hau masting and rigging clipper ship 34.pdf

Edited by kirill4

• 2 weeks later...

Your speed and attention to detail is very impressive! Fantastic work on this model, the Cutty Sark has always been high on my build list, so very nice work!

Bradley

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

Excellent!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

What a great looking ship!

Current Builds: Bluejacket USS KearsargeRRS Discovery 1:72 scratch

Completed Builds: Model Shipways 1:96 Flying Fish | Model Shipways 1:64 US Brig Niagara | Model Shipways 1:64 Pride of Baltimore II (modified) | Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack | Heller 1:150 Passat | Revell 1:96 USS Constitution

• 3 weeks later...