Kitbashing 1:350 minicraft Titanic

Blackjack77

I recently acquired the Trumpeter 1:200 Titanic kit and will put my focus on creating a top notch, as accurate as possible recreation of the real Titanic at that scale. That being said, I have in my stash the Minicraft Centennial 1:350 Titanic kit + an extra hull and tons of photo-etch kits. Im not planning on building a second Titanic so my thought is maybe to convert it to the Olympic, or maybe the Britanic. I even thought about maybe cutting her in half and converting her to a display of the Titanic Bow wreck site. Not sure yet, but of those options, converting her to the Olympic seems the easiest conversion, needing just to make some minor alterations and name decals. 

Does anyone have any experience in this or have links to a build of something like this? 

Another thought was to maybe build the kit as a waterline model and recreate the collision with the iceberg. 

Current build: Minicraft 1/350 Titanic - aftermarket PE Brass details from Tomsmodelworks and GMM  and wood deck from Scaledecks

On The Shelf: Revell 1/96 U.S.S Constitution (1976 issued kit) - aftermarket wood deck from Scaledecks

Revell Germany 1/350 Battleship Bismarck

AL San Francisco II

Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge (modified from AL HMS Endeavour Bark 1768 kit)

1:14 Capt. Quint's ORCA from JAWS (scratch-built static project from R/C Model plans)

Way in the Future: Trumpeter 1/200 Battleship U.S.S. Arizona

Trumpeter 1/200 Battleship U.S.S. Missouri

No, iceberg-dio's are not my thing.

a conversion to olympic or brittanic would be my choice. And in case you would like a diorama, you could consider one of the two in a harbour scene, (in wartime dazzle-livery, when you want a nice paintjob, or their hospitalship-livery, when you want something less daunting :) )

Jan

I was mainly thinking conversion to the Olympic when she was moored with Titanic in Belfast. I think it would be a good use of the kit plus will allow me to show the subtle differences between the two. Plus I can show her repairs from her collision with the HMS Hawke.

Current build: Minicraft 1/350 Titanic - aftermarket PE Brass details from Tomsmodelworks and GMM  and wood deck from Scaledecks

On The Shelf: Revell 1/96 U.S.S Constitution (1976 issued kit) - aftermarket wood deck from Scaledecks

Revell Germany 1/350 Battleship Bismarck

AL San Francisco II

Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge (modified from AL HMS Endeavour Bark 1768 kit)

1:14 Capt. Quint's ORCA from JAWS (scratch-built static project from R/C Model plans)

Way in the Future: Trumpeter 1/200 Battleship U.S.S. Arizona

Trumpeter 1/200 Battleship U.S.S. Missouri