De Havilland Mosquito by Javlin - FINISHED - HK Models - 1/32

Javlin

Sitting watching Mikee do things with his F4F-4 build got me itching for a little bit of a deeper dive.So,while I wait on the other kit with the correct decals for the KI-43 thought I start on the this build so be patient took me years to finish the HK B-25 from it's initial conception on another site

I am still leaning towards the PRU American Scheme I luv PRU crates got three Stangs in the pics and more of those to come.Thus far I am just dressing up the pit a little will have to look at some other builds also I do know the LG on the HK is little temperamental/weak.

mosquito 001.JPG

108 (900 x 675).jpg

"Eye eye"   a Mossie   - yep deffo in   will bring chair and all supplies needed.

OC.

Edited by Old Collingwood

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

9 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I thought I had seatbelts nada so order those and some canopy mask tonight built the pilots seat doing research looking at other build.;) Kevin

Check mine out if you think it might be of use mate.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Here's  my old build   -

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Will this be that PRU Blue scheme? Will look cool. I'm in.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Oh I've always been a sucker for RAF birds assigned to USAAC units... Something 25th or 345th BG's maybe?

mossie2.jpg.a15375bd37df6cd2410f1dc6197eb682.jpgmossie3.jpg.5fde7bf7dedf3533c617706f7b011ee6.jpg

Guess I'll have to find another comfy chair.....

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Should be a unique build.

Heading for the rafters with my Christmas stash of peanut brittle.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

24 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Should be a unique build.

Heading for the rafters with my Christmas stash of peanut brittle.

No pea shooter Lou  - they can be sharp😁

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Toss a chunk over here, bud. Anyone for ginger snaps?

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

I got some nice homemade chocolate chip and sugar cookies. Would love some peanut brittle, Lou! Hint hint ! 😉

Edited by Jack12477

I only got a small box of See's Crunchy Nutty Goodness Peanut Brittle so far this year but all of you are welcome to some of it.

Went to a friend's house to exchange gifts and dinner last night, and came away with a HUGE old fashioned style fruit cake with real fruit and nuts soaked for months in brandy! I have no idea where she got it but I think I will be in heaven until at least the new year! I am possibly one of two people in the world who love a good fruit cake!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

34 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

I go some nice homemade chocolate chip and sugar cookies

I have done two trays of Brownies,dozen PB cookies,2 dozen Peanut Blossoms,5 dozen chocolate chip and now working a chocolate roll and the yearly pumpkin roll then I am through Cooking!Last night the Sister-in-Law made it into town made "Chicken Christopher" one of the favorites over angel hair pasta with garlic bread and a salad it was good!;) Kevin

54 minutes ago, lmagna said:

I am possibly one of two people in the world who love a good fruit cake!

Make that 3 !  

My wife used to make a Christmas Plum cake, with Brandy, kept in freezer for a year till following Christmas. Had a hot Brandy confectioner  sugar glace she poured over it before serving.  Outstandingly delicious  ! 

Edited by Jack12477

Just climbing up to the rafters, a bit late, is there any brittle spare Lou?, I've brought some rum truffles and some tough nut caramel moonshine :cheers:

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Did someone mention fruitcake? mmm! Well doused in booze hopefully 🤪

Looking forward to a usaaf mossie  Kevin 😁

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

2 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Just climbing up to the rafters, a bit late, is there any brittle spare Lou?, I've brought some rum truffles and some tough nut caramel moonshine :cheers:

"Aye aye"  easy go with the moonshine    could see the  gang getting roudy.😄

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

C'mon, OC. We're getting into the Christmas cheer a little early is all. Some laced egg nog or some mulled spice wine for you. Virtual party, eh? :champagne: 

Ken

Ok just making it back to the comfy chair.... stole some of the wife's homemade Peanut Brittle, 1/4 inch thick and tasty, her five pound fudge, and Cherry Bars... (really had to steal the CB's they don't last long around here) I don't have any of the fruit cake, it's on the centerpiece of the table and she's guarding it, not till christmas....

The Admiral can cook when she wants to, baking is her specialty.....

Pass the plates around my friends.... enjoy...

And merry christmas everyone...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

1 hour ago, Canute said:

C'mon, OC. We're getting into the Christmas cheer a little early is all. Some laced egg nog or some mulled spice wine for you. Virtual party, eh? :champagne: 

Dont mind if I do   -

:cheers:Cheers    Everyone.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

5 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Ok just making it back to the comfy chair.... stole some of the wife's homemade Peanut Brittle, 1/4 inch thick and tasty, her five pound fudge, and Cherry Bars... (really had to steal the CB's they don't last long around here) I don't have any of the fruit cake, it's on the centerpiece of the table and she's guarding it, not till christmas....

The Admiral can cook when she wants to, baking is her specialty.....

Pass the plates around my friends.... enjoy...

And merry christmas everyone...

Indeed Brother   All the very best my friend.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

WOW it sounds like the party is well underway! MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.

I know what you mean about home made Fruitcake Roger. A few years ago my wife made me one. She had never done it before, (And unfortunately since) but it was to die for. I don't think I have ever eaten a better one. Real fruit and stuff and almost gluey from the booze.

I am having the first piece of the one I received last night and even though it is not as good as the one my wife made I think it may be  good idea not to light a match anywhere near.

This is not a drunken brawl OC. This is Pure Christmas indulgence, unsupervised decadent eating in it's finest form! You would pass out from being too full to move before you would get drunk. Well mostly.

Kevin 

You have it all wrong......... You are supposed to be EATING all that stuff not having to make it all! But having said that, you are lucky you live so far from the PNW or I may have dropped in for dinner!

7 hours ago, Edwardkenway said:

I've brought some rum truffles and some tough nut caramel moonshine 

I am sure glad you are up here in the rafters with me Edward, that is making my mouth water even while I am eating my Fruitcake. Speaking of fruitcake we must have two thirds of the worlds population of fruitcake eaters right here on MSW Based on the comments above!

See all of you who survive tomorrow. You will all be at my mercy as you  will be too stuffed to defend yourselves.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Don't think I've ever had a fresh fruit cake. Usually some store bought brick. Or a re-gifted one. 😝

I've been known to muck down warm Irish soda bread, with currents and those seeds, slathered in butter. ;):D

Ken

10 hours ago, lmagna said:

Kevin 

You have it all wrong......... You are supposed to be EATING all that stuff not having to make it all! But having said that, you are lucky you live so far from the PNW or I may have dropped in for dinner!

I like cooking Lou when in the mood it's another creative process.I grew up in a family of seven kids me next to the end and Mom was getting tired so she started teaching me and my younger brother how to cook when I was fourteen.I had an old girlfriend and a couple other couples all hanging out and we needed gravy for something I was like 18/19 I whipped it up from scratch on the spot(milk gravy) the girls were impressed.Red Snapper is my favorite fish pan fry with a coating make a sauce of  sauteed onions,celery [Worcestershire/lemon juice],bay leaf,parsley,basil,dill weed[white wine/horseradish].The bracketed items work against each other if to lemony add the W if to much H wine then you throw in the sauteed shrimp serve over the fish with rice on the side over that also.This is another in house favorite a recipe I started from scratch some 25yrs ago it takes longer to make the sauce than frying the fish.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program I also have another set of belts(5)ordered from Sprue Brothers of the RB production line some for the Japanese AC also.I have the old Revell Mosssie I started some mods at one point and put away.;) Kevin

Edited by Javlin

I also was raised in a family where everyone including the kids were expected to do chores that included everything from cooking, ironing, washing dishes and cloths and sewing.  While you sound like more of a gourmet cook than I am, I know my way around the kitchen and haven't poisoned anyone yet over the years. I can hand sew better than anyone I know and although a bit slow on a sewing machine can get that done as well. My mother made certain that we were well rounded including the one boy in the crowd, (Me).  

Two Mossies' a a Mitchel and the Japanese AC all at once. Better be careful, very many more and you will be in competition with Denis, (Popeye) and start loosing track.:D 

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I'm a tad late but I brought my egg nog.  I think I'll sit down below instead of in the rafters.  I don't want to fall out of them as the nog is tad strong this year.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)