De Havilland Mosquito by Javlin - FINISHED - HK Models - 1/32

Javlin

First of all the Nationality of the crate will be Brit the radio compartment and some of the IP are totally different I will have pics of the crate I intend to do at a later date it's colorful red/white striped tail .OC and EG I do not know if you fellas have any ideas on the cable/wire in these crates?I have four books now and it's all black/white I am thinking white and yellow just a guess.I have a bit more to do on the stand for the transmitter and some more wires coming out of the side of the transmitter behind the seat and PRU seats were cut in half.I added a switch panel down the lower L/side of the seat with two PE toggles and some punch stock which the PE came from the B-25 kit looks the part.I figures out the that piece on the side of the IP leg it goes flat no map shoot had to look at Kermit Weeks PRU video same riveting and all.;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

Nice seeing you back with this.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

33 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I have been working on it OC but it has been like 1hr clips any idea on the wiring colors?;) Kevin

Just asked someone who should know  - just waiting for a reply back  as I am not too sure.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Wiring color? I think you mean conduit colors...

There would not be any exposed wiring anywhere... Conduit colors are one of three, but generally they are the same as the bulkhead they are mounted to.....

You would do better researching the type of conduits used in the specific application.... They used both solid and flexible, solid in it's native color would be a cadmium silver, flexible would be either steel, aluminium or brass... most generally they were aluminium..... For their look, solid was smooth like copper pipe, flexible would look like old BX building conduit......

Silver, Black or whatever interior color was on the bulkhead...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

54 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Wiring color? I think you mean conduit colors...

There would not be any exposed wiring anywhere... Conduit colors are one of three, but generally they are the same as the bulkhead they are mounted to.....

You would do better researching the type of conduits used in the specific application.... They used both solid and flexible, solid in it's native color would be a cadmium silver, flexible would be either steel, aluminium or brass... most generally they were aluminium..... For their look, solid was smooth like copper pipe, flexible would look like old BX building conduit......

Silver, Black or whatever interior color was on the bulkhead...

Thanks brother, you  said it better than I could,    I was going to cheat and go and ask someone involved in bringing a mossie back to life  as I wasn't sure of the answer.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

13 hours ago, Egilman said:

Black or whatever interior color was on the bulkhead...

I got that report from a fella in Canada working on the restoration of a crate up there.thks for the input guys! ;) Kevin

Also EG he mentioned the pale yellow which I see represented on the right side of the fuse so another color on my part in that area is coming.He also mentioned the transmitter stand was a possibility.;)

Edited by Javlin

36 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I got that report from a fella in Canada working on the restoration of a crate up there.thks for the input guys! ;) Kevin

Also EG he mentioned the pale yellow which I see represented on the right side of the fuse so another color on my part in that area is coming.He also mentioned the transmitter stand was a possibility.;)

My pleasure Kevin, glad to be of help....

Pale Yellow is a color variation of Zinc Chromate which was the metal preservative used on the interior of aircraft of the period... If it had field maintenance you could easily see some on the interior of aircraft and early in the war you could see entire aircraft interiors painted in it, but not often..... Generally they were zinc chromate green... It became ubiquitous in aircraft, of the period, (especially US aircraft) British aircraft were either Green or Yellow depending on availability.... Eventually, wooden aircraft were being painted in an alkyd oil paint called Interior Green..... There is a difference, Interior Green was a semi gloss, Zinc Chromate green was dead flat.... ZC Green was a shade or two lighter than Interior Green as well.....

Portions of the interior being partially Yellow Zinc Chromate is period correct.......

Edited by Egilman

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

EG Yellow Zinc is the color I am going with the L/side cables.I got some paint laid and being that the pilot sat on his parachute I cut the seat up removed the unwanted cushions and made her bar.I still need to hit the the fire ext with a little more copper the right color and add cushions to the arm rest and green.;) kevin 

mosquito 001.JPG

mosquito 002.JPG

Looking great Kevin, wish I do mine that well...

Quote:

3 minutes ago, Javlin said:

one one could enhance that seat quite abit

Looks like it came directly out of the maintenance manual, can't get much more detailed than that....

Quote:

• 2 weeks later...

The copit is basically finished I did make the frames for the back of the seat on the radio operator.I just took some .020" square stryene put needle nose to the stryene and channel locks to the needle nose and got a flat spot then cut the angles to the back of the seat worked well.I am not reaL fond of the pilots belts but think the radio seat looks a little more animated.The bomb sight was the last thing I did tonight it was testing the patience. ;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 003.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

mosquito 005.JPG

mosquito 006.JPG

mosquito 007.JPG

Looking excellent.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Very nice detail Kevin 😉

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

very nice cockpit........quite a bit of detail.  really looks good :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

cool video.......pretty ingenious! ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Not alot to show just sub-assemblies I also have the engines painted black only ATTM.The straps on the tanks black/silver?This is one tight fitting kit so much almost scares you and you have to look at the instructions more than twice been lucky to back out more than once.Have you ever heard the story of the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst..............?

mosquito 002.JPG

38 minutes ago, Javlin said:

Not alot to show just sub-assemblies I also have the engines painted black only ATTM.The straps on the tanks black/silver?This is one tight fitting kit so much almost scares you and you have to look at the instructions more than twice been lucky to back out more than once.Have you ever heard the story of the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst..............?

mosquito 002.JPG

Was like that on my Mossie build  - kind of get one chance of snap fitting  some of the assemblies to the main fuse.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

I like the work you are doing on this Mossie.

Waiting to see more,

Dan.

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Thks Dan.I have it on good advice from the fella in Canada working on the restoration of a Mossie up there straps area grey-green so they were completed last night and the wing finished and fitted to the fuse just not glued up yet.The engines ......how far do I go?;) Kevin

super progress........ :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 years later...

I have finally got some paint laid boys and I think it looks pretty close to PRU Blue not exact but their seemed to be some variances even back in the day.The first pic wasa Soviet blue but said not quite to much baby blue so looked at some more color chips and pics.The second pic is the same blue with about 25% intermediate blue needed a little grey introduced.The last pic is off the net and we do not if the color has been saturated or not.:hsmack:

Mossie 001.JPG

Mossie 002.JPG

Mosquito_PR_XVI_NS508_Mount_Farm_2.jpg

All the decals have been applied and the final gloss coat taken care of.The hatch is one of the last pieces I need to apply along with a whip antenna no aerial wire on this one.I did lose one of the hinges for the hatch in the copit with just enough frigg'in glue to make it stick somewhere plane was inverted.:wallbash:

Mossie 001.JPG

Time to hit the cabinet with this one fellas.I will never ATTM use a liquid mask (suggestions anyone) it was a bear to get off the ALL the glass were it was applied.I had to use alcohol to remove and then polish everything with Mequiars added another 2/3 hrs of work.I like her was an enjoyable kit over all much like the B-25.The next one to hit the desk is another off the SOD a 1/32 Trumpter P-47 D  Montex Mask.

Mossie 001.JPG

Mossie 002.JPG

Mossie 003.JPG

Mossie 004.JPG

Mossie 005.JPG

Mossie 007.JPG

Edited by Javlin