Jump to content

de Havilland Mosquito by Javlin-HK Models-1/32


Recommended Posts

First of all the Nationality of the crate will be Brit the radio compartment and some of the IP are totally different I will have pics of the crate I intend to do at a later date it's colorful red/white striped tail .OC and EG I do not know if you fellas have any ideas on the cable/wire in these crates?I have four books now and it's all black/white I am thinking white and yellow just a guess.I have a bit more to do on the stand for the transmitter and some more wires coming out of the side of the transmitter behind the seat and PRU seats were cut in half.I added a switch panel down the lower L/side of the seat with two PE toggles and some punch stock which the PE came from the B-25 kit looks the part.I figures out the that piece on the side of the IP leg it goes flat no map shoot had to look at Kermit Weeks PRU video same riveting and all.;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiring color? I think you mean conduit colors...

 

There would not be any exposed wiring anywhere... Conduit colors are one of three, but generally they are the same as the bulkhead they are mounted to.....

You would do better researching the type of conduits used in the specific application.... They used both solid and flexible, solid in it's native color would be a cadmium silver, flexible would be either steel, aluminium or brass... most generally they were aluminium..... For their look, solid was smooth like copper pipe, flexible would look like old BX building conduit......

 

Silver, Black or whatever interior color was on the bulkhead...

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Wiring color? I think you mean conduit colors...

 

There would not be any exposed wiring anywhere... Conduit colors are one of three, but generally they are the same as the bulkhead they are mounted to.....

You would do better researching the type of conduits used in the specific application.... They used both solid and flexible, solid in it's native color would be a cadmium silver, flexible would be either steel, aluminium or brass... most generally they were aluminium..... For their look, solid was smooth like copper pipe, flexible would look like old BX building conduit......

 

Silver, Black or whatever interior color was on the bulkhead...

Thanks brother, you  said it better than I could,    I was going to cheat and go and ask someone involved in bringing a mossie back to life  as I wasn't sure of the answer.

 

OC.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Egilman said:

Black or whatever interior color was on the bulkhead...

I got that report from a fella in Canada working on the restoration of a crate up there.thks for the input guys! ;) Kevin

Also EG he mentioned the pale yellow which I see represented on the right side of the fuse so another color on my part in that area is coming.He also mentioned the transmitter stand was a possibility.;)

Edited by Javlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I got that report from a fella in Canada working on the restoration of a crate up there.thks for the input guys! ;) Kevin

Also EG he mentioned the pale yellow which I see represented on the right side of the fuse so another color on my part in that area is coming.He also mentioned the transmitter stand was a possibility.;)

My pleasure Kevin, glad to be of help....

 

Pale Yellow is a color variation of Zinc Chromate which was the metal preservative used on the interior of aircraft of the period... If it had field maintenance you could easily see some on the interior of aircraft and early in the war you could see entire aircraft interiors painted in it, but not often..... Generally they were zinc chromate green... It became ubiquitous in aircraft, of the period, (especially US aircraft) British aircraft were either Green or Yellow depending on availability.... Eventually, wooden aircraft were being painted in an alkyd oil paint called Interior Green..... There is a difference, Interior Green was a semi gloss, Zinc Chromate green was dead flat.... ZC Green was a shade or two lighter than Interior Green as well.....

 

Portions of the interior being partially Yellow Zinc Chromate is period correct.......

Edited by Egilman
Link to post
Share on other sites

EG Yellow Zinc is the color I am going with the L/side cables.I got some paint laid and being that the pilot sat on his parachute I cut the seat up removed the unwanted cushions and made her bar.I still need to hit the the fire ext with a little more copper the right color and add cushions to the arm rest and green.;) kevin 

mosquito 001.JPG

mosquito 002.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The copit is basically finished I did make the frames for the back of the seat on the radio operator.I just took some .020" square stryene put needle nose to the stryene and channel locks to the needle nose and got a flat spot then cut the angles to the back of the seat worked well.I am not reaL fond of the pilots belts but think the radio seat looks a little more animated.The bomb sight was the last thing I did tonight it was testing the patience. ;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 003.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

mosquito 005.JPG

mosquito 006.JPG

mosquito 007.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not alot to show just sub-assemblies I also have the engines painted black only ATTM.The straps on the tanks black/silver?This is one tight fitting kit so much almost scares you and you have to look at the instructions more than twice been lucky to back out more than once.Have you ever heard the story of the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst..............?

mosquito 002.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Javlin said:

Not alot to show just sub-assemblies I also have the engines painted black only ATTM.The straps on the tanks black/silver?This is one tight fitting kit so much almost scares you and you have to look at the instructions more than twice been lucky to back out more than once.Have you ever heard the story of the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst..............?

mosquito 002.JPG

Was like that on my Mossie build  - kind of get one chance of snap fitting  some of the assemblies to the main fuse.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...