BMW R90S engine kpnuts Franzis 1/2

kpnuts

This is fantastic. I was tempted to get that kit (being a BMW enthusiast), having ridden an R75 and owning an R1100S, but the price gave me a cold shower. I will follow your build log with a lot of interest. I never rode the R90S but had a taste of the R100S and these machines are marvelous once you tame the gearbox.

Do you have a Build Log for the Porsche engine?

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

7 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Yves, yes I do have a build log of it, I did it half and half not all clear (I may go that way with this I will see when I have more of it built)

Could you post the URL of that Build Log, when you get a chance? I thank you in advance.

Yves

Oh yeah I remember, Ken, your the guy that makes plastic look like cast UHMD resin.....

(or, in the alternative, give us the location of your miniaturizing machine) {chuckle}

You ought to teach this stuff.....

Very Very nice

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

I had the pleasure of wearing out a R1OO/7, a R100S and R100/RS during the 1980's.

Each was a different brew of chalk and cheese.

Like the R90/S they all had conventional roller timing chains; not what this kit offers.

A real restoration of any one of of these 'air heads' would be cheaper and intrinsically of more interest.

In 1976 I sat on the central wall at Governors Bridge for the 10 (yes 10) lap production IOM TT, which Helmut Dahne won, riding the 'prototype' R90/S (which was an enlarged R75).

Stuck in one position on an old bit of wall, for what seemed an eternity was very uncomfortable.

Every TT in it's long history featured photographs of that spot. But NOT the one where I could have been preserved for posterity.

That went quickly! Nice running engine.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

great job!........cool to see it working ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch