FINISHED 1940 Ford Standard Coupe - Revell - 1:25 Scale

CDW

3 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Or a stash of model kits from a shopping expedition

Can't afford that kind of shopping trip!:stunned: At todays model costs it would not be long before the contents of the trunk would exceed the value of the car carrying them!:blink:

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

13 hours ago, CDW said:

Dry fit

IMG_1494.thumb.jpg.19305fa3ec9302387123bcdd5e90f5ae.jpgIMG_1499.thumb.jpg.9cd5edc0ab12321b37a2a0d90129e3ae.jpgIMG_1500.thumb.jpg.2ab1986984c8813b438d917da0e66729.jpg

I'm gone for almost two days (power outtage) and here you are almost finished..... You work fast brother....

Nice look superbe paint and finish.....

Another well executed beauty....

Nice, very nice....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

4 hours ago, Egilman said:

I'm gone for almost two days (power outtage) and here you are almost finished..... You work fast brother....

Nice look superbe paint and finish.....

Another well executed beauty....

Nice, very nice....

Sorry to hear that brother, is all up and running again now?

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

2 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Sorry to hear that brother, is all up and running again now?

Yeah, it's all up and functioning, didn't lose anything.... It was kinda a surprise storm a lot stronger than they predicted....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

It's  turned out to be a natty little motor car Craig, the gloss finish looks fabulous and the white wall tyres make a great contrast. 

Edited by Edwardkenway

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Just now, Edwardkenway said:

It's  turned out to be a natty little motor car Craig, the gloss finish looks fabulous and the white wall tyres make a great contrast. 

Sometimes, projects that give the most fun are the simpler ones, like this model. The model is very simple to build, not overly complex, but enough detail to make it interesting. Not a lot remains to be done, but the remaining details will add a nice enhancement. Nearing the finish now.

20 hours ago, lmagna said:

So does that mean that the "PT" stands for Part Truck in the case of your Cruiser? I read once that the space created by folding the back seat down in a Mini is exactly large enough to hold a set of fully loaded golf bags!:unsure:

I never have figured the PT part.  Like most of similar vehicles of the era, the back seat and what passes for a cargo area is wasted space as the seats can't be used by normal humans.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Looking really nice mate.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Love those old wide white wall tires. Had a neighbor who owned a 53-54 Cadillac with those white walls. Quite the looker, it was.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

31 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

never have figured the PT part. 

"Originally, the PT Cruiser was to come out as a Plymouth product. It was originally to be short for "Plymouth Truck" or "Plymouth Transport". It's also a slight abbreviation of the original show car prototypes called the PRONTO Cruiser. When Daimler bought Chrysler .... , they got rid of the Plymouth brand and so the Cruiser was then shuffled into the Chrysler family - to become the "entry level" Chrysler. At that point, it was then changed to mean "Personal Transport"..."

The term I have always heard associated with it is "gangsta car" 😉

Works for me, Jack.   I just liked the retro looks of it.   It's a 2008 with 32,XXX miles on it.  I really need to take more road trips.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

At last, someone knows what the PT stands for in PT Cruiser! I knew it was one of the "retro" cars that were popular at the time, the others being the VW Bug and Mini Cooper. My wife always liked the look, me, not so much. I guess I like the box car look better. I always wanted to own a Mini but by the time I could fit one into the family plan I could no longer afford one, at least not as a daily runner.  I suppose I need to drive mine a little more as well as it is an 04 and has 85K on the meter. But currently I'm getting about three months to the gallon on all of my cars! I think this last year the longest trips we took were a couple of 300 mile round trips in the summer. It's not so much that we don't want to go somewhere, it's that there is no where open to go!

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Sweet, CDW.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

A gem. And that color is gorgeous.👍

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Ita amazing to think of small cara as being family suitable for long trips  - my grandad  used to own a 1931  Austin Seven  and used to cram Four of them and cases and the dog and cat  and go 150miles to the seaside  for a holiday in it  one of these  -

Not my pic.

OC.

ebay211018.jpg

Current builds  

Completed works.

I didn't like the way my bumper brackets are fitting and need to make some adjustments before I install them along with the front and rear bumpers. Other than that, need to add the chrome trim down the mid section of the body and it's done. All-in-all, these photos are enough to call it finished. I am anxious to get started on the next project. (don't know exactly what that will be just yet)

IMG_1514.thumb.jpg.b6f8b98d06ab4cc45d09205074bd3820.jpgIMG_1515.thumb.jpg.16b670458cb1c358c86eb7a9348091f7.jpgIMG_1516.thumb.jpg.2ef037c60a7251f3eb8c364b5515ac15.jpgIMG_1517.thumb.jpg.8b4c975149fdb7acaf00685a63bf0c86.jpgIMG_1518.thumb.jpg.4213d403b6a162c555234ea102a3985c.jpgIMG_1519.thumb.jpg.e1f50d23b62bd38ac21e8606521444b6.jpgIMG_1520.thumb.jpg.02e92e0ac9ca21ae40452dbcdf4278f7.jpg

Very very nice mate   - your  workmanship has shown of some real graceful lines, another superb  exhibit  for your case.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Nicely done as always Craig. I like it better with the chrome added. That was a lot of green.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Nice model, congrats.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Gorgeous car !!! With the appropriate background, it could easily pass for the real car. It is really cute and so well rendered.

What is interesting is the complete absence of bumpers: I suppose that in those days, the risks of being hit by another vehicle, were rather slim.

Yves 

Looks like it should be sitting on a '50 used car lot just waiting for the next hot rodder to come along....

Beautiful job my friend.....  Pick up the keys and drive it away.....

Quote:

Another beauty Craig.  Filling up that new case quickly :) 

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Lovely model, wonderful finish. I would like to take a ride on that car.

Best regards,

Dan.

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Just now, Old Collingwood said:

Very very nice mate   - your  workmanship has shown of some real graceful lines, another superb  exhibit  for your case.

OC.

Just now, lmagna said:

Nicely done as always Craig. I like it better with the chrome added. That was a lot of green.

Just now, Backer said:

Nice model, congrats.

Just now, Egilman said:

Looks like it should be sitting on a '50 used car lot just waiting for the next hot rodder to come along....

Beautiful job my friend.....  Pick up the keys and drive it away.....

Just now, Danstream said:

Lovely model, wonderful finish. I would like to take a ride on that car.

Best regards,

Dan.

Just now, Landlubber Mike said:

Another beauty Craig.  Filling up that new case quickly :) 

Thanks gentlemen. 

Actually, I have a long way to go to fill up this cabinet. Could easily fit another 50 or more cars like this one in there.