Dunquerque by Pannonicus71 - WAK - 1:200

Good afternoon Gentlemen, 

I would like to present the of building the French heavy cruiser Dunquerque (Dunkirk).

Very briefly about her history:  the keel was laid down in December 1932, was launched in 1935 and completed in 1937. She was 214 m long. She was the leading ship of the same class, Strasbourg being her sistership. To prevent her capture from the Germans, she was scuttled  in 1942 but never came back into service, as far as I know. She was scrapped in 1958.

The model is published  by the remarked Polish publisher of "paper" models, WAK, in scale 1:200, which means that the model should be about 107 cm long.  Quite a piece. Her colour is  evenly grey, maybe a bit boring, but  painting and shading was of less importance in the era  (except camouflage).  The fire range and other military abilitiies were more needed properties.

Since I ordered the booklet today, I will post the first images only later. What I know is that I will not start the construction  with the hull but with something of the superstructure.

I hope to find several paper-friends here.

Looking forward to coming along for the ride :)

HMAV Bounty 'Billings' completed  

HMS Cheerful - Syren-Chuck' completed :)

Steam Pinnace 199 'Billings bashed' - completed

HMS Ledbury F30 --White Ensign -completed 😎

HMS Vanguard 'Victory models'-- completed :)

Bismarck Amati 1/200 --underway  👍

4 hours ago, Pannonicus71 said:

I hope to find several paper-friends here.

You found them (see here)! I have not built any of WAK's kits, except if you consider some of the aircraft designed by Lech Kołodziejski that were previously published by CardPlane. I have, though, completed some ships by Digital Navy, Paper Shipwright, JSC, and Modelik -- I have a bunch of Paper Shipwright and HMV kits in my stash.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane