Sailboat by CRob - Dumas #1007 - small

4 hours ago, VTHokiEE said:

Cracking open the glue is always exciting. For a joint like this I may leave it overnight to fully set, but the wood glue will probably set in 30 minutes.

Thank you VT  It should hold then I let it dry for an hour before pulling the clamps.

Current Builds:
Snipe by CRob -Dumas #1122- Small

Hit my first whoops Glued the transom in upside down. Finishing it that way would have made it a submarine. The yellow clamp in the picture ended up on the bottom instead of the top. Instead of looking at the angle of the front of the side piece I was trying to put the straight edge on the bottom. Was able to remove the transom and flip it. I hope this whole boat doesn't go this way.😟 
I also tried to take one side off the stem thinking it was also upside down, which it wasn't, splintering the teak wood side before I realized it was on right. What threw me a curve was in reading the instructions all the way at one point you sand the bottom flat and the only straight edge on the sides is the longer one by putting that on the bottom it made the stem a dive plan. I think I try to read to much into things. So I ordered a new kit.   

Edited by CRob

Current Builds:

So I couldn't wait for the new kit to come in picked up a piece of basswood and made a new side. My question is is basswood as strong as teak? At least I think it's teak.1860871709_NewSide.thumb.jpg.2684a189a3645a15925667c7c90f3b0b.jpg

Current Builds: