FINISHED - Porsche GT-1 Evo - Revell - 1:24 Scale

CDW

I do like a tin top GT racer🙂.

I'm in!

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Now we are getting a little closer to the cars I always liked! At least it has the name Le Mans on the box!:D

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

oooooooooooo.....nice start! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Your engines really are superb mate  - just like the real things.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

That's right rub it in!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Nothing to be sorry about. I don't live in KC or even know someone who does. Just giving you a bad time about rooting for the home team.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Sorry guys  - im lost with this subject.😳

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Such a pleasure seeing a legend in our own time, Tom Brady, win his 7th super bowl at age 43. Just amazing.

Well he has matched his career winning percentage in superbowls, 7 of 10.... I figured today was going to go his way....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

The chassis is mostly finished now. Must add the instrument panel, gear shifter and linkage, and the steering wheel. Body has been sanded, prepped, and shot with Tamiya liquid white primer before the final white gloss coat. Test fitting before doing the final body paint and decal work. Everything has fit well with this kit. Too bad it's no longer in production, it's quite a good value for the quality of it.

By the way, I have included a photo of the Tamiya white primer. I much prefer this over the rattle cans, where I can spray it through my airbrush giving superior control and paint economy. It is a lacquer based primer, not water based.

IMG_1694.thumb.jpg.64af047c5f0ced30fb0e587d6f985522.jpgIMG_1695.thumb.jpg.314e649479a236773dca2d6162b3947b.jpgIMG_1696.thumb.jpg.5ad602c0bb3bd0a087b09276505d1c5e.jpgIMG_1697.thumb.jpg.46defd1a4d9fbc840859411ef7918926.jpgIMG_1698.thumb.jpg.7a11badf14276d6419245af549661890.jpgIMG_1699.thumb.jpg.cbbb1a6e582f92b1fe4e2ddc97ecf4a6.jpg

This kit was copyrighted in 1999, so I am guessing the kit is at least 20 years old. It's becoming a recurring theme when I'm working with these older kits, the decals are questionable at best. These are no different. While they look decent when you look at the whole decal sheet, you find they are less than optimal when you begin to place them on the model, particularly if they are placed in an area with compound curves. Fortunately, the decal on the hood is the worst of the complex areas to be done. We will have to see how well the decals respond to setting solutions and solvent to help them settle into place over the curves. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (again).

The two photos were taken about an hour apart. A third and fourth application of decal solvent will be necessary before it's all said and done.

IMG_1704.thumb.jpg.b05bcd0a548e8bf077bb127e0a11e18f.jpgIMG_1705.thumb.jpg.e48cc4900fbcd5e7f179e75d0159f4da.jpg

After a couple of hours passed from the previous photos, we can see the decals are finally behaving better, conforming to the curves. The decal on the side of the car is laying on pretty much a flat surface, so that's not a problem. I believe the remainder of the decals will be equally easy to apply without too much problem. Sometimes, it takes overnight for the decal solvent solution to really do it's thing. (Solvaset in this instance)

IMG_1706.thumb.jpg.38b72d3cecc0986b716edb2993aacb1c.jpgIMG_1707.thumb.jpg.9b70379de5ef9ccbf91481a430891e34.jpgIMG_1708.thumb.jpg.db249c0df44c93c99e567cf61738cde0.jpg

Looking good my friend,  how you got those  body decals to play ball is  amazing.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

4 hours ago, CDW said:

Got lucky this time OC. My rabbit's foot keychain must be the trick. 🙂

Well, whatever your doing brother, keep strokin' that fur..... {chuckle}

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

After drying overnight, the decals were ready to seal. 2K clear coat seals the decals and adds some over all pizzaz.

Going to let the clear coat cure out all day and over night before handling it too much. Tomorrow will attach the glass and other details before mating the body to the chassis. There are a couple of places to mask off and paint semi gloss black on the body.

IMG_1718.thumb.jpg.c5da42a7aeab463479f8e5862e7f039a.jpgIMG_1719.thumb.jpg.9020cc350eb1410234b037bf0067d0f1.jpg 

really looking superb..........glad you got the decals to behave :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch