HMS Granado cross section- 1:48- by Canute

The box showed up fairly quickly via FedEx. Inventoried the parts and read over Tom's instructions (well, looked at the pictures😁). I'll be slow diving into this, waiting for my eye surgeries in March. But, I'll be here following along with the rest of the mates. ;)

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

On 2/11/2021 at 12:17 AM, Canute said:

The box showed up fairly quickly via FedEx. Inventoried the parts and read over Tom's instructions (well, looked at the pictures😁). I'll be slow diving into this, waiting for my eye surgeries in March. But, I'll be here following along with the rest of the mates. ;)

I think you purposely decided to go for eye surgery so you could watch the rest of us try and build this first.

That's extreme! 😆

Somebody must be the lead rabbit; just not me. ;):D

I'll do what I can, like marking the various part sheets and such. I'm working under a rather bright light to read any fine print. I have 3 weeks to the first op.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

looking forward to this, good luck

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin, James, et al.. Thank you all. The inactivity is making me nuts. The Admiral listens to my whining, but she has enough other things to deal with. I'm marking up the part sheets today, so I can feel like I'm participating in the build.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

James, I am an absolute tyro for building up these individual frames so pardon my basic questions. You glued up the As and Bs separately, with the chocks fitted? Then faired each A to B?

I'm starting to lay out the parts on #6, but am hesitant to do much truing with blurry eyesight. My first op is next Monday, so I'm raring to go.

Ken

1 hour ago, Canute said:

James, I am an absolute tyro for building up these individual frames so pardon my basic questions. You glued up the As and Bs separately, with the chocks fitted? Then faired each A to B?

I'm starting to lay out the parts on #6, but am hesitant to do much truing with blurry eyesight. My first op is next Monday, so I'm raring to go.

I built up each individual frame with chocks, as per plan, then roughly bevelled up to the laser engraving marks on each (external and internal bevel).

Each A and B was then glued together and sat into jig on keel (no glue) where I'm currently sanding the interior to smooth it out more. When that's done, I'll remove the double frames and give a proper sanded internal finish and fit 'nails' to the chocks. Then I'll add poly to the side faces of each, then glue to keel and start to fit out the interior. 

Well...that's my plan. I've never done a POF before.