Instructions for the Winnie double Capstan and discussions and questions for it.....

Here is the topic with the instructions as a download and we can discus any questions you might have and other ideas here....

Remember this isnt your average capstan  you get in the typical kit.  It has a lot of pieces.   If you are building the yellow cedar version....keep your hands clean while building it and cut your fingernails.   Lots of small pieces.....take your time.

You cant finish it in an hour.  This should take you more than day if you are being careful.  Maybe longer.

doublecapstan9.jpg

doublecapstan10.jpg

doublecapstanparts.jpg

Download the instructions for this mini kit here

Winnie Capstan Instructions.pdf

Very nice! It look like a lot of fun.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1/48  Duchess of Kingston

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

I made a dozen of these and they are ready to go in yellow cedar.  I will make some in cherry next.  But first I have to make chapter five parts in cherry. 

chuck

Hoping to get one in Cherry before they’re gone. When will they be available to order?

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Yupp....but I wont have the chapter written until next week.  But the parts themselves are already on the shelf.