Hello, Tom From Tucson Here

uncarina

Hello Everyone,

I’m Tom, a modeler for the past 48 years or so, and I just discovered this site recently. I’ve built many ships over the years including the Revell Constitution when I was 14, a USS Missouri, another Missouri converted to the USS Iowa, my first wooden ship after college the AL Bluenose, HMS Clematis (Flower Class Corvette) on hold, and the HMS Rodney (also on hold). After seeing and purchasing the OcCre HMS Beagle recently my love for wooden ships has been rekindled, and eventually I will post a build log (working on a 1/32 Lancaster dedicated to my Uncle at present). In the meantime, thank all of you for sharing your work and expertise, and I will post photos of my completed and in progress work as well.

Thanks for your hospitality!  Cheers,  Tom

Edited by uncarina

Welcome aboard Tom...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

Hi, Tom!

I was born in Tucson while my dad was stationed at Davis-Monthan, but we moved when I was only two months old. Have never had the good fortune to ever get back there.

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Welcome to MSW.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Welcome to MSW, Tom.   If you want, open a long on your Lancaster in  the "Non-Ship Model" area which part of Shore Leave.  Many ship modelers take breaks and do an airplane, car, etc.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome, Tom! You'll enjoy your time here.

My wife and I will be spending a couple of weeks in Tucson in the first of April. We've never been there before and are looking forward lots of hiking and sightseeing in the area. I'm also an avid cyclist and I hope to so the ride up Mt Lemmon weather and legs permitting!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

15 hours ago, BobG said:

Welcome, Tom! You'll enjoy your time here.

My wife and I will be spending a couple of weeks in Tucson in the first of April. We've never been there before and are looking forward lots of hiking and sightseeing in the area. I'm also an avid cyclist and I hope to so the ride up Mt Lemmon weather and legs permitting!

Bob, that should be a good time to visit; last April had temps in the low to mid 80’s, so here’s hoping the same for this year! Mount Lemmon is a shrine of sorts for us roadies: longest continuous hillclimb in the state, especially if you climb to the observatory. The road is in good condition as well, with a wide shoulder for the climb. The grade is between 6 and 10 percent. Hope you have a tailwind both ways!

Cheers,  Tom

37 minutes ago, jdowney said:

Hi Tom, welcome to MSW!  Tucson is a great place, I lived there for many years before moving to New Mexico.  I worked my way through the U of A in the 1990's with a part time job in one of the local hobby shops.

Thank you! Yes I love it here. I worked at the U of A for 19 years, then a budget cut meant I had to leave. The fate of many educators here!

Cheers,  Tom

:piratebo5:

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum