This is coming along beautifully Tim...I really like your color choices, particularly the sharp contrast between the clean white paint and darker deck treatment. I also can't get over how quickly some of you guys work at such high level of craftsmanship...amazing!

Thanks guys...really appreciate the comments and you checking in. Bit of a hiccup after deck was done as my kit was missing rudder hinges. They had only put one set in my kit instead of 3, so had to mess about fabricating something similar from what I had lying around. Not perfect but good enough. Used some leftover walnut as decking on the platform for the cabin. I relocated the scuttles on the fish deck somewhat so they connect with the space I created below decks. Not sure I’m going to try to drill through the sub deck for the holes since it’s mdf and could get messy.

402ED1E0-C45E-4054-AC84-B22A7DDBAA08.jpeg

Hinges seem to be a problem in this kit !   In mine, I have the three hinges that fit the rudder but not the three that fit the sternpost.  I would normally expect better QC from Amati.

You're build looks great !

Cheers

Clive

I just found your build, Tim, and it's fantastic. You did a wonderful job on the planking and your painting and staining is outstanding. Given the high quality of your work here, I would love to see some photos of your other ship models too.

Thanks Jean-Paul, Bob and Clive!

This pandemic is really helping with my productivity model ship wise, although I am very soon going to have to get into some construction jobs. Meantime I’m pressing on with the companionways and other deck installations. These are fun bits and pieces, each a small project. The hatch coverings’ ring and post assemblies don’t go together that easily. Should really have drilled out all the posts to make assembly easier. Having said that, I’m finding pretty much everything on this model to be a satisfying undertaking. Nice change from HMS Bounty which I have to admit was a bit of a slog at times.

1F8E5AEB-5AA0-435A-97BC-017504FB33FB.jpeg

2CBBF86F-9C70-4FF8-93DB-84133C64F752.jpeg

908FA1D4-E2FA-4B20-9E5C-7FE778D6AE10.jpeg

2E2F6732-4A8B-45EB-91C1-8C9A5C41250E.jpeg

DB04D26D-7B02-4192-AE04-8B89973FDB96.jpeg

we seem to think alike?  you save the parts panels!  I do as well,  using them to clone other hulls and fit them out as I like ;)   fine looking project......love your below deck details.......it's the little things.  I don't usually double plank......it seems hard with this model,  given the deep rabbits and the way the assembly runs.  I've used the thin strip and thread method for simulated calking......I settled on using a Pritt pen to do it :) 

very nice model....really looks the nine!  I'm envious of your planking skills. :) 

• 2 weeks later...