Pictures in wrong order

Go to solution Solved by Gregory,

Hi 👋

I am trying to solve my issue with pictures order on my very first post ,

doesn't matter i upload the pictures 1 after 1 or in bulk they are uploading in order they want.

Already edited few times with no success.

Maybe i should delete all those pictures from first post and upload them again 🤔...

Any suggestions very welcome 

I upload photos one at at time. As James says, I place the cursor where I want the first pic to go, then put the cursor a couple of lines below the first pic (to leave room for text), then click on the next pic to be inserted and so on.

I have to say that sometimes I end up with a couple of unwanted repeat pics at the end, under my post. Not sure why that happens, and I can't seem to delete them. But it's not a showstopper.

Richard

James,

They seem to be duplicates of pics already appearing in the post. It may well be finger trouble of my part although I have tried to be very careful in clicking only once on each pic from the collection of pics below the post.

Ah, you said 'uploaded'...maybe I was uploading some extra pics (eg same looking but different resolutions) to the website?  So any pic that gets 'uploaded' will be inserted in the post - clicking on a pic from the collection of pics underneath the post only selects the order in which the pics appear. And any unclicked pics, when I Save the post, get automatically added underneath the post.

Hmm... that might explain it.

Richard

Edited by Rik Thistle

2 hours ago, Rik Thistle said:

I upload photos one at at time. As James says, I place the cursor where I want the first pic to go, then put the cursor a couple of lines below the first pic (to leave room for text), then click on the next pic to be inserted and so on.

I have to say that sometimes I end up with a couple of unwanted repeat pics at the end, under my post. Not sure why that happens, and I can't seem to delete them. But it's not a showstopper.

Richard

Thx ,do i have to save it after each picture and edit again over  and over? 

Well basically i started this build vlog just after i started rigging ratlines so my first post have about 60 pictures in it - quite a lot 😅 so that pictures are different size as well from 1600 up to 5000 width so maybe that's the case...

8 minutes ago, Tomasz B said:

Thx ,do i have to save it after each picture and edit again over  and over? 

No.  I've never had to do that.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Finally sorted out 👌

So the problem was microsoft edge web browser, when i tried editing did not have cursor anywhere in post to place pictures where i want them for some reason 🤔so got chrome now and works just  fine 😊....

Looks like web browser sometimes have a bad days as well 😅🤣😂😆

All sorted now thanks good people for suggestions.

I'm glad you got it solved.   I've seen problems like this but transient in nature.   A restart of the browser or even a re-boot usually (but not always) fixes them.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Tomas,

I use Edge browser exclusively (don't even have any other browser installed) and I have never had any issues with uploading pictures.

I do my editing with ACDsee, and saving edited pictures in a separate folder not together with original.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

2 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Tomas,

I use Edge browser exclusively (don't even have any other browser installed) and I have never had any issues with uploading pictures.

I do my editing with ACDsee, and saving edited pictures in a separate folder not together with original.

Hi. Strange isn't it i only use edge it works just fine for everything ,but from time to time i do experiencing unknown issues with it and have to install different browser temporarily to get job done. 

Tomasz

#11 "...did not have cursor anywhere in post to place pictures"

Yes, you must place the mouse cursor in the post field where you want a pic to appear. 

So... position cursor>insert first pic> cursor positioned below first pic> insert second pic> cursor positioned below second pic etc ect.

Of course you could upload all the pics to the initial cursor position and then add carriage Returns between each pic to make space for text entries. Either way is fine.

I use Firefox v86.

Richard

• Solution

I don't know if this will help anyone, I have got in the habit of just opening a folder  nearby where my pictures reside and just dragging and dropping my images to the current cursor position, rather than choosing and uploading pictures.  Here is a little video that shows how I created the post that follows.

1853109181_Pic1.JPG.8c8250c2d3a65a9104b237168a7f9ca6.JPG

Then I drag another after moving my cursor to a new line...

885287674_Pic2.JPG.595011c7e03f63234385759953d7c813.JPG

And another..  

1363365298_Pic3.JPG.c80c892fc337114b280546e4501b55a2.JPG

Now I continue typing my text and pictures are where I want them to be..

I can also go to the " Uploaded images " area and click on the trash can if I want to delete an image..

If I put an image in the wrong place, or want a different image, I just delete it with the trash can.  Put my cursor where I want the new image, and drag the image to the cursor position.

Edited by Gregory

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

2 hours ago, Gregory said:

I don't know if this will help anyone, I have got in the habit of just opening a folder  nearby where my pictures reside and just dragging and dropping my images to the current cursor position, rather than choosing and uploading pictures.  Here is a little video that shows how I created the post that follows.

And another..  

I can also go to the " Uploaded images " area and click on the trash can if I want to delete an image..

If I put an image in the wrong place, or want a different image, I just delete it with the trash can.  Put my cursor where I want the new image, and drag the image to the cursor position.

Yes, finally i was able to do exactly this way (easiest way imo) as you did with chrome ,i couldn't with edge...

8 hours ago, Rik Thistle said:

Tomasz

#11 "...did not have cursor anywhere in post to place pictures"

Yes, you must place the mouse cursor in the post field where you want a pic to appear. 

So... position cursor>insert first pic> cursor positioned below first pic> insert second pic> cursor positioned below second pic etc ect.

Of course you could upload all the pics to the initial cursor position and then add carriage Returns between each pic to make space for text entries. Either way is fine.

I use Firefox v86.

Richard

It should work this way i know , just couldn't with edge  -cursor wasn't there ... with chrome did that easy as you described... i think is just my mic-edge broken...

5 hours ago, Gregory said:

And another..  

By the way your tutorial looks really good and easy, i think your post could be placed in tips and helps for new members ....

13 hours ago, Tomasz B said:

Hi. Strange isn't it i only use edge it works just fine for everything ,but from time to time i do experiencing unknown issues with it and have to install different browser temporarily to get job done. 

Not so strange to me.  I run 3 browsers.... Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and occasionally one of them just goes weird.  Probably from "silent" updates which the software makers now do a lot.   A day or two later and all is well again.  But then I'm a slacker and run Win 7 for the same reason as MS loves to run updates and kill your OS in Win10 for hours at a time.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

54 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Not so strange to me.  I run 3 browsers.... Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and occasionally one of them just goes weird.  Probably from "silent" updates which the software makers now do a lot.   A day or two later and all is well again.  But then I'm a slacker and run Win 7 for the same reason as MS loves to run updates and kill your OS in Win10 for hours at a time.

i almost forgot its just a Windows -one day is fine another day won't work at all. Same with edge i am sure now.

Funny is my wife use laptop all day long no problem at all ,when i trying do something it refuse to work- electronics HATE me 😆😅😄🤣