Scroll saw foot

I have a cheapo Delta scroll saw. It does the job but every so often I lose my grip on the wood and it jumps up and down with the blade. I thought I could put some kind of a presser foot like a sewing machine but never got to it. I noticed a thread the other day about scroll saws and there was pictures showing a foot. I just looked up some and all the newer saws seem to have them. Is this a worthwhile addition? For those that have a saw with a foot does it help? Does it get in the way? Any comments please🙂

Edited by Don Case

Go to the the Delta Tool web site and look up your model number.  There should be a owners manual, parts list, etc. to see if your scroll saw had had one to start with.  I have not seen a brand name saw w/o one.

I sure wouldn't use one w/o the feature.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Thanks Kurt, I did that and got here En1340225-3-1-91.max (mikestools.com). I don't remember this saw ever having this guard. It's a very old saw. I call it a guard because in this case that's what I think it is. It doesn't seem to have any up/down adjustment. Anyway the drawing pointed out some tapped holes that I can use to cobble one up

Here's the first try. It works well. Not only does it keep the wood secure it is kind of a gauge as to blade sharpness. The back of the slot is a reference point so you can see the blade getting pushed back as it gets dull. The foot is just soft soldered on the post so the vibration will probably break that. I attached it with the clamp that held the dust blower on. The dust blower went the way of the guard many years ago.

DSC04251.JPG