Hello everybody!

I've got an IJN mood - so I want to share some "progress" on a Yukikaze kit I've started nearly a decade ago. Base of the build is a very well known kit by Tamiya - a very high quality product I dare say. Add-on is a Lion Roar photo etch kit which also includes turned gun barrels and depth charges. Also there are couple Veteran sets - single- and triple-25mm auto cannons.

Most of sub-assemblies were built in 2011 🙂

Here we go:

DSC_0032.thumb.jpg.85e682431b9c34eb76b7c32f79fd9089.jpg

DSC_0031.thumb.jpg.c8be1bc225547def78883434ca9ca2f4.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

15 hours ago, Canute said:

Nice work with the PE.

Thank You very much - I try to do my best, however I'm no good at removing glue buildups )

1 hour ago, RGL said:

Welcome! 

Thanks, RGL - I find inspiration in your works!

1 hour ago, Mic.fr said:

Already 10 years, how many more... ? 😉

Well, my pace is quite hasteless :  good modelling projects are like wine - better when aged😉  Now I see things  my quality control  in 2011 considered as "passable" :  some seams here and there, some molding joints, etc. If I was less patient and finished this little model then - it would suffer form those imperfections. Also by 2011 I haven't read Tameichi Hara's  "Japanese Destroyer Commander" - which is motivating reading for a modeller I must admit 🙂

Best Regards and  happy modelling

• ccoyle changed the title to IJN Yukikaze by DmitriyMarkov - Tamiya - 1/350 - plastic
3 hours ago, DmitriyMarkov said:

Thank You very much - I try to do my best, however I'm no good at removing glue buildups )

Thanks, RGL - I find inspiration in your works!

Well, my pace is quite hasteless :  good modelling projects are like wine - better when aged😉  Now I see things  my quality control  in 2011 considered as "passable" :  some seams here and there, some molding joints, etc. If I was less patient and finished this little model then - it would suffer form those imperfections. Also by 2011 I haven't read Tameichi Hara's  "Japanese Destroyer Commander" - which is motivating reading for a modeller I must admit 🙂

Best Regards and  happy modelling

Your build looks great so far!  And after looking up the book you mentioned by Hameichi Hara, I purchased said book, as it looks great. 

I've been "building" my Syren model since about 2008, so it's nice to see another modeler who is deliberate with his work. :D

Alan

Looks really great!  I have the same kit but with the Infini upgrade set.  I really like the PE in your sets around the bridge windows though - the PE really brings out the detail!  I just looked at the Infini set and it doesn't look like there is any PE that goes there. :( 

38 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Looks really great!  I have the same kit but with the Infini upgrade set.  I really like the PE in your sets around the bridge windows though - the PE really brings out the detail!  I just looked at the Infini set and it doesn't look like there is any PE that goes there. :( 

Around the time I was buying the kit and extras there wasn't Infini  set on the market if I remember correctly. I wonder if Lion Roar is still around ? By 2010-2011 it was the best complex add-on (except some parts in their set were short of supply and 25mm are flat PE parts) I haven't made any significant additions to my 1/350 stash since maybe 2015-2016  and while looking through  bulids that are started  around recent couple of years I see lot of brands that are totally unknown to me: Infini,  Big Blue Boy to name some..   

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, Landlubber Mike said:

Looking great!

On 4/4/2021 at 1:02 AM, cog said:

That is some very crisp work, real sharp!

Thank you very much, gentlemen! 

Meanwhile some portholes are finished ( actually those were all portholes that were left untouched until present moment):

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

As I've said earlier I came across shortage of some details in Lion Roar kit - so I had to improvise and punch some round-shaped elements on roofs of torpedo launchers  from self-adhesive aluminium foil. It turned out to be slightly bigger than needed  - but that was the smallest available diameter in our punch set:

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

16 hours ago, cog said:

Nice punch set. Good to see you add some extra details

Thanks! I just try to somehow reach what other colleagues do on these forums 🙂

Actually it's not quite a punch set -  these are my wife's tools  for rolling-in of gems in decorations 🙂  We share each other's hobby tools from time to time. I can hardly tell a manufacturer's name - in our country they usually can be aquired via jewellery-tools stores. I think the same is right for most of other countries as well. 

Best regards and happy modelling!

• 2 weeks later...