New Device Login Email Notification

Yes, I've been getting the same for the past couple of days or so. Only happening on my W10 desktop, but possibly not on my MacBookPro Big Sur - TBC.

I run CCleaner everyday on my desktop so I wonder if CCleaner has become more aggressive. I tried moving the MSW cookie into CCleaner's 'Cookies to keep' but it still keeps happening.... https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-settings/choosing-which-cookies-to-keep

Richard

No, it's a security setting I turned on.

It only shows if you login with an unrecognised device, giving you a heads-up in case it wasn't you and you might need to change your password. This is quite common for a lot of other sites, such as Microsoft, Apple etc.

I get the same notice. I thought it was my VPN changing IP, but it also happens when I sign in from the same IP. It looks more like a badly designed feature from the site's developers. Very irritating - like MS, Apple, LinkedIn, and more such co's are - and very unnecessary: It's a hobby forum!!!

What's that about the false safety features nowadays, since these features do not keep your data safe. Actually most co's only try to register your "movements" and frequency of visits. Are you selling that too?

47 minutes ago, cog said:

What's that about the false safety features nowadays, since these features do not keep your data safe. Actually most co's only try to register your "movements" and frequency of visits. Are you selling that too?

Seriously? Yes, I'm making a fortune from your IP number. I expect to retire for the year's end. 🤣

On 4/9/2021 at 2:39 PM, James H said:

No, it's a security setting I turned on.

James. can we petition to have it turned off because quite frankly, it's a bloody pain in the backside. I appreciate you looking out for us but.......