New podcast about Nelson and Maritime Britain during the Trafalgar period.

This is bound to be of an interest to many out there.

It has no connection to myself.

This guy is looking to ultimately produce a mini series on the life of Nelson and Lady Hamilton.

From the 1st May he is starting a pod cast with special interest to maritime Britain during this period. He has a taster podcast out currently explaining things better than I can.

You can find the links via his website below.

Sounds interesting

https://trafalgar.tv

Finished builds are 

1/35 Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

1/36 scratch built Philadelphia Gunboat from the Smithsonian Plans

Current build is

Scratch build Boudroit's Monograph for La Jacinthe at 1/36

Thank you Noel, very happy you found and posted this.  Looks like they have actor Hugh Bonneville involved.   He was fantastic in Downtown Abby, one of the best TV series ever produced!!!!   If this project is half as good, it should be a hit!

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Allan

Yes it is quite a coup, the project is certainly gathering a bit of momentum now for the mini seriesI

I am looking forward to the podcasts, there are some interesting topics proposed judging by the intro

Best Regards

Edited by noel_colledge

Finished builds are 

1/35 Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

1/36 scratch built Philadelphia Gunboat from the Smithsonian Plans

Current build is

Scratch build Boudroit's Monograph for La Jacinthe at 1/36

Further to the above, I emailed back and forth with Adam Preston who is leading the project.  He wrote the following:  

Dear Allan 

Thank you for getting in touch - and for your offer to help with the project ‘Trafalgar’. My current target is to get 10,000 sign ups at www.trafalgar.tv because that is the kind of number that will get broadcast executives sitting upright. I am now at 1050 so I have a way to go. 

To help spread the word I have created a podcast which I launched on the weekend. You can subscribe here https://shows.acast.com/trafalgar-squared please share this with anyone you know who is interested in this subject area. The podcast has already had 500 downloads from all over the world (as many in North America as the UK)

I am interested in the documents you mention Allan - I am a great devourer of this kind of stuff - do you have them as a PDF or something that can be mailed? 

I am hoping to one day do a podcast episode about the world of model ship making and am slowly gathering info on that. Am I right in thinking this is an area of expertise for you? 

With best wishes

Adam 

Any ideas on how we can the word out to our 40,000 members to reach out to Adam and the project?

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Michael, With 40K members here at MSW, we can make the TV series happen by joining the Trafalgar Squared group and giving Adam ammunition to get the producers to invest in this series.   

I would LOVE to see this turn into a high quality television series and hopefully Hugh Bonneville (anyone that watched Downton Abbey will know him) will play a major role as he is apparently on board with this project.

• 3 weeks later...

im signed up and awaiting more updates

we need Adam Preston as a member 

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin,

He joined MSW earlier this week and wrote a long post. See  the string "New podcast/tv series about Nelson and Maritime Britain during the Trafalgar period." here in the Nautical/Naval History section.  It is just below the original post started by Noel Colledge

Thanks for signing up!! 

10 minutes ago, allanyed said:

Kevin,

He joined MSW earlier this week and wrote a long post. See  the string "New podcast/tv series about Nelson and Maritime Britain during the Trafalgar period." here in the Nautical/Naval History section.  It is just below the original post started by Noel Colledge

Thanks for signing up!! 

thank you and i found the post

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat