HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina model

Hi!

I'm a rookie model builder who has run into a dead end based on the diagrams for masting and rigging that were provided with my kit.  I'd love to connect with anyone who has experience with either this model or other similar models and could help me learn how to interpret the diagrams which are vague and even appear contradictory in some places.

I've come to a halt as I don't want to attempt a home made approach just to continue the work.  Based on my experience so far, I'm likely to mess up something that will need to be done down the road.  

Many thanks for any help offered.

Drew, 

If you haven't done so, do a search and you'll find all the builds for this.

If you'll go here: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/17023-quick-find-indexes-to-build-logs-for-kits/  and click on the link for the 1751 to 1800 kit logs, you get a list of all the logs of that time period.   Scroll down to Bounty.

That list hasn't been updated for quite awhile so you can also go here:  https://modelshipworld.com/forum/135-kit-build-logs-for-subjects-built-from-1751-1800/  and search for Bounty and either Artesania Latina or AL.  You might have to do it both ways.

Seeing what others are doing and connecting with them on their log is a great way.  Also, start a log of your own as it's a good way to get help and also let others see where there might a issue.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

While not the AL kit, Dave Baxter's log of the Amati Bounty is very informative.

He has asked lot of questions in other topics and his build reflects a lot of research.

If you also look through his forum activity, you will see where he asked questions and got a lot of good answers.

Dave Baxter's Activity

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Welcome to MSW Drew.   As mentioned in detail above, there are a lot of build logs on Bounty, probably more than any other single ship, here at MSW.  There are probably hours of study information that should help you along.   As to rigging, you may want to look at the rigging forum here as much of what has been posted applies to any ship, including Bounty.  There are a lot of does and don'ts that will help you avoid the many mistakes that most of us have made when we were rookies in this hobby of ours.   Several rigging books of note are discussed as well.  You may want to consider adding one or two of these to your book shelf as they will give you a lot of help on this project as well as future projects.

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Drew,

I did the AL Bounty, finishing it about 12 years ago.  I never posted a build log here on MSW, and didn't keep the plans.  I'm more than a little rusty, but am absolutely willing to help wherever I can.  I'll just throw up a few pix of the completed model here for you to look at. Let me know what is puzzling you and we'll see if we can straighten it out.

Ted

B000 HMAV Bounty.JPG

B418 Main Top.JPG

B437 Waist with Larboard Entry Port.JPG

P1010098.JPG

P1010100.JPG

P1010159.JPG

P1010206.JPG