Modeler’s Sawmill - A new company selling boxwood sheets and strips in the USA

Joe you are amazing!

Just got my Cheerful wood kit in Yellow Cedar and it is fantastic! How do you cut planks and not have saw marks all over the place?

I see there is a higher count on some that I was looking at and it was packaged perfect. Everything was in it's own little bags and has the sizes marked on it.

So this is what you get with the Option B.

PXL_20210609_211914152.thumb.jpg.a689db120f4a6c7610ce50abb0a13a6f.jpg

And here is a closeup of the planking. Do you see any saw marks? I don't.

PXL_20210609_211931941.thumb.jpg.264d6bad52090cf4323a67450e2d0836.jpg

And to prove a point here is a close shot of 1/32 square. How do you cut this fine?

PXL_20210609_211956649.thumb.jpg.ac666a8104e93f00e44b954bca791ae5.jpg

Thanks for the great service Joe!!!

Paul

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48

Completed Build: HM Cutter Cheerful-Syren Ship Models 1/48

Completed Build:  Artesania Latina Bluenose II

Completed Build Lady Nelson

• 3 weeks later...

This email works:

thewoodmansshed@gmail.com

I’ve used it to order just this past week. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Just so everyone is aware I have a business trip planned from the 6th to the 11th of July. I have 3 big orders and a small order that I'm going to try my best to get done by the 5th. After that I won't be back in the shop till the 12th. So any orders coming in today may be delayed.

Thanks Joe

Have good trip, Joe.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Joe,

Thank you so much for providing such a high quality service to our community!   It's greatly appreciated by everyone.   Not sure if I will need your service in the near future; however, if I need any wood I will certainly reach out to you.

Doesn't look as if you need any assistance,  but if you need anything such as wood package contents please feel free to reach out to me. 

Jeff Hayes 

HobbyMill 

Jeff

aka HobbyMill

NRG Member

Current Build: Constitution

Hi all! A newbie here to this ship modeling gig.

Planning a scratch Bluenose POF build for my first project and made an initial wood purchase from Joe V to get started assembling the keel and fabricating frame members.

I just want to share my thoughts about this first time buy experience:

- Easy to do business with

- Timely response interactions and order fulfillment

- Quality product; the Swiss Pear sheets I received are simply outstanding

- Cut/surface finish condition top notch, that from a true craftsman

I simply can't be more pleased! A shoutout to Joe!

Tooter