NRG VIRTUAL WORKSHOP - INVITATION

NRG VIRTUAL WORKSHOP

PHOTOGRAPHING MODEL SHIPS

Saturday, June 5, 2021

These Workshops are normally limited to NRG members only.  The Board has decided to open this Workshop to members of Model Ship World.  Seats are limited and it is first come first served.

The Virtual Workshop is Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM CST.

The Workshop is entitled “Photography for Ship Models”.  Kurt Van Dahm, who is a retired professional forensic photographer as well as a Director of the Guild, will show us how to photograph our models.  Kurt has presented variations of this talk at NRG Conferences and Seminars. 

Use those newly found or sharpened photo skills and add to or start a build log on Model Ship World. 

This will be a Zoom presentation.  The cost is FREE.  Preregistration is required. 

Click HERE to register.

Please do not call or email the office – we have automated the registration process. 

If you plan to attend you must register no later than 5:00 PM CST on June 2, 2021.  Early registration is urged as this event is expected to be heavily attended and seats are limited.  All registrants will get an emailed invitation with the required link to attend on or about June 3.  Please join the event with your video camera off and your microphone muted.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Yes it will be.  I already have the post it note with "START THE RECORDING" ready to stick in the middle of my screen so I can't miss it.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

• 1 year later...

Hi Kurt,

I'm late to the party on this one but was wondering if the link to your recording is going to be placed with the other workshop links on the NRG site, or if it is a different section.  I might be looking in the wrong place, but definitely want to watch your presentation!

Alan

It will be posted but not immediately.  The video needs to be edited as it starts when the zoom event starts - 45 minutes of people joining, etc before the speaker starts and putting it ontno the website can only be done by the one person so we work around his schedule (none of us gets paid).  The last one got posted within 2 weeks.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

The video is posted now on the members side.  Dave got to it quickly this time.  It runs 1 hour and 37 minutes.  Enjoy - I will be sending a group email to all NRG members tonight.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS