BRAZZERA by Faucon77 - scale 1:20 - fishing/cabotage boat

Hello to all of you,

I joined on this wonderful place last year and I posted that I would like to start building Brazzera ship.I didn't have so much time to make photos and describe process and now I would like to share some images.

It is not finished jet,rigging and other small details are waiting...

This is my first model and there is a lot of mistakes.I hope so that next building gonna be better.That most important for me is that I enjoyed all the time and that  I ve learned a lot about wooden ships

20210604_221243.jpg

20210604_221136.jpg

20210604_221002.jpg

20210604_220945.jpg

20210604_220930.jpg

20210604_220911.jpg

9 hours ago, Michael_A said:

Hi Faucon77,

How long is your model? And what wood is that for the decking? I can't tell if it is painted or stained; or if that is a natural wood color. I appreciate the character of the boat.

Michael

Hello Michael,

Model is 50cm long...Limewood stripes 2x6mm are used for decking.I used some methods with pencil just  to make it little bit "dirty and exploited",but I am not so sure that I make it.Anyway,now  I am gonna varnish it 2 times and we shall see...

This type of boat was used for the exploatation of sand,fishing and goods transport in Adriatic sea.It was solid and strong boat that worked every day.

There is a couple of this ships right now  but they have been modifiied for tourists.

This is the tools that I used in work.The idea was to try to make a boat with the most basic tools as it was done on the Adriatic coast  by our grandfathers 100 years ago.

With all mistakes that I made in building,I ve learned a lot about many parts of construction.

I have enjoyed to learn about patience,also.

Rest of the work I am gonna post here of course.

I would like to thanks to all of you,I learned from all of you here.Next model is going to be posted here from beginning.

This one is not going on competition but to my daughter's room😀

20210605_150908.jpg