Half Moon by Anja - Corel - Wood - 1:50 - (d'Halve Maen)

Hello Frank,

Thank you for the compliment  :)

No, don't worry, we're not competing against each other. But it's almost impossible to do the posting on my IPad, it simple doesn't have all the features.

And our current laptop is old and worn.  

Luckily the new bosses aren't going to eliminate people.  Anyone who is employed by Unilever, will be employed by Sodexo under the same conditions.  So, that's a big plus.

Thanks for looking in and take care,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Hi, Anja,  

Good to see you again.  The Half Moon still looks good.

Still finding my way around but I'll be building soon.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Anja

The good part of the bad one (everything lost here) is that you find logs you didn't notice before. A wonderfult built you did!! Will follow your log now and love you vessel.

Cheers,

Rosmarie

In my shipyard:

HMS Victory 1:72, Caldercraft (wood): http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/416-hms-victory-by-romiol-caldercraft-172/

Schwarzer Rabe (Fluyte 1672) Shipyard, Card, 1:96: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/424-schwarzer-rabe-fluyte-1627-by-romiol-shipyard-card-196/

Thanks for the updates, Anja, Half Moon is coming along very nicely, planking looks great. Thanks too for sharing those reference pictures :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Thank you Cap'n'Bob, Rosmarie & Aldo for your kind words and the compliments. It is most appreciated.

@ Bob,

Thank you for the welcome back. It's good ro see you've made it back too.

I'm sure you will soon find your way around the site again.

But everything is new now and there are so many builds and topics to go through.

@ Rosmarie,

Very nice to meet you and a warm welcome to my buildlog.

You are so right. There are many beautiful and new builds here to find. Some of them seem like complete tutorials, just wonderful.

I see you are building the Victory. Also a very beautiful ship. Will visit the shipyard soon.

@ Aldo,

It was my pleasure sharing the reference pictures again. It's still going very slow.

I wish I could spend more time with the build. A lot of things happening at work with the outsourcing to Sodexo right now. Have to prepare myself for the individual introductory meetings with sodexo in March and the individual talks about agreements/arrangements. It's a bit stressful, but I get to keep my job, so that's a big plus. Everything ok with you at work? I hope so. Anyway, I'm glad you made it back to the shipyard.

Thanks again for looking in and take care,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

Hello Anja,

Welcome back here with the Half Moon.

I will follow your build closely, like I do with all the ships Sjors is building.

Take care.

Cheers,
Wim

Current build:
Creole Queen scratchbuild and Korean Turtle War Ship

Finished: King of the Mississippi, Bon Retour, Chinese Pirate Junk, Nave Egizia
Next builds:  Gundeck Vasa; Bounty (bashed)

Hello Wim,

Thank you for the good word.

And for you also a welcome back.  I saw you already started posting your log of your Creole Queen.  Great!  Looking forward to it.

Take care,

Anja

Ms. Anja -

Your vesel is looking very sharp!  I see your workmanship (workladyship?) and wish I could do as well! 

This is a truly beautiful ship - I may need to look into it in the future (once I get my current one done and Brett gets his finished...)

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Hello Wayne,

Ms. Anja? I'm flattered! But please, it's just Anja for friends.

Thanks for the good word and the compliment. It is most appreciated.

We will both get there Wayne, don't worry. With every new build we learn. From ourselves and from others.

Please do look into the Half Moon, she is indeed a beautiful ship.

By the way, where is Brett? Tell him I said hello. Will he sign in again too? Has he made any progress yet?

Thanks for stopping by and take care,

Anja

I will pass along your greetings to Brett. He is working on his Phantom a little at a time. He will be signing up this week with his own account and then posting his build log.  He is in a college course on digital photography, so I am hoping to recruit him to take pictures for me as well (I am an old dinosaur that hasn't mastered all the new technology around automated cameras...still have my 1977 version Minolta 35 mm camera for sentimental purposes...a bit of antique, I guess).

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Anja, I knew we could count on you to hide the  cannon balls, we certainly do n't want to tempt  Sjors!!    ;)

Thanks for your nice comment on the sail.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Nice to see everyone and the build logs again.

Looking good Anja. Keep posting. As with your work on the Albatros from which I learned much, I am also learning from this build too.

I'll be starting my second build soon, so I'll start a log then.

Mikki

Nice build Anja. Glad to be back and see familiar faces.

As I learned much from your Albartos build log, I am learning from this one too.

I'll be starting my second build soon and will start a log then.

Keep up the good work and posts,

Mikki

Hello Mikki,

Welcome back, it's good to hear from you :)

Thank you so much for the good word and the compliments. It is most appreciated.

I will keep an eye out for your next build, I'm looking forward to your second build.

Please reserve me a seat on the front row.

Thanks for stopping by and take care,

Anja

Edited by Anja

Hello Anja,

i already followed your built of the Albatros and i am looking forward to this new ship. Always a pleasure to watch your built  and read your comments on it!

Greetings from Germany

Bodo

Hi Anja,

I like a lot Halve Maen and your nice log. You're doing a very good work and I like your idea to make a different bow. I did this model a few years ago (photos are in "completed model" section) and I also modified the bow, following - more or less  :huh:  - the modern replica's shape. If I could go back, I'd share your choice.

Regards

Alex

If any of you cry at my funeral, I'll never speak to you again! (Stan Laurel)

Hello Joshukr, Bodo & Alex,

Thank you all for your kind words and the compliments. It is most appreciated.

@ Alex,

I just had a look at your Half Moon. She is really a beauty. You did a great job. Congratulations.

I hope mine will turn out just as beautiful as yours.

And as for changing the bow ..... That plan is still in my head.

I want to change it into the bow of the replica or the one shown in the Marine gallery. The picture is on page two of my log.

But maybe that will prove to be impossible. So I have a plan B, as you call it. But I haven't quite worked it out yet.

Thank you all for looking in at my build and take care,

Anja

I love a lot the first sailing replica of HM (burnt in 1909) but I discovered it too late, when I had already done my changes looking at the second replica, still sailing. I think modelbouwers.nl sells very good quality HM's drawings, perhaps they're closed to first replica's reproduction; I'm sure you already know it!

In my opinion Corel (that's a quite a good brand) supplies a not great bow in its HM. There, I had any problems also with a couple of ribs: the forecastle's bulwark didn't follow the correct shape. It almost seemed that Corel had swapped third and fourth rib. "almost" ... because if I had really swapped them (I tryed to do this :)), the result would had been worse ....

I'll have been following your very interesting work.

Cheers

Alex

Good luck on that bow modification, Anja.  I'm sure, no matter what you decide, it will be stellar!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

In my opinion Corel (that's a quite a good brand) supplies a not great bow in its HM. There, I had any problems also with a couple of ribs: the forecastle's bulwark didn't follow the correct shape. It almost seemed that Corel had swapped third and fourth rib. "almost" ... because if I had really swapped them (I tryed to do this :)), the result would had been worse ....

Alex, thanks for this tip. I will keep it in mind when I get to this stage.

Take care,

Anja

I  agree with Augie. I'm sure you'll easily be able to manage every modification you'll decide. The shape of Corel's false keel seems not far different from 1909's replica. I've found in internet these two pictures (the first, Wikipedia - the second is a postcard for sale). If they can help you ....

Cheers

Alex

post-1226-0-83348800-1362423569_thumb.jpg

post-1226-0-67664900-1362423584.jpg

Hi Anja, I'm trying to catch up on builds while using an IPAD. As you said earlier, it is not fun.

Cheers,

jim

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

Hello Jim,

Thanks for stopping by.

I use mine most of the time as well, and although I love my Ipad, it has its limitations.

But you will catch up, just take your time.

Take care,

Anja

Hello Anja, another taking shape I see and it has been awhile as well.  So glad to see you still at it, and your skills have grown wonderfully.  The Half Moon is a wonderfully beautiful vessel and you are doing her justice.

Rick

Wherever I am at...........there I am

KARTONIST in the making.......... B)