Atlantis B 24 Liberator - 1:92 scale by Popeye the Sailor

yea.....I didn't mention all the engine sizes.....I didn't want to breathe too much life into this topic.  I should start a log on them,  'cuz it's getting interesting.

I made the mistake of mentioning the project on Face book,  and my older brother chimed in and said that I was wrong........I have the cars backwards.

the model is still being built.......I've been trying to come up with a happy ending.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I have the cars backwards

Actually it's the engine crank/rods combinations you have backwards....

Longer rods in a given displacement gives more torque, shorter rods give more RPM.... More torque, equals quicker takeoff... More RPM equals greater sustained speed....

The art of it is in combining the two in a happy balance....

We used to stroke 350's with 400 rods and an overbore to get 383 strokers.... Ran them in street modifieds...

Those were the days....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

I didn't mention rods....just engines.   the cars my parents owned had L6's in them.  I do think it's odd that they would supply V8's and not include the six bangers.  I really didn't expect this much interest.......I'd better start a log and continue it over there  ;)   what I meant was my brother says I have them backwards......Mom had the 60 and Dad had the 59,  which is utter B.S.   you have to excuse him....he is the one in the family who thinks he is always right,  even stuff that he didn't give a rat's azz about :D   believe me........I know the car I dented the hood on!  I'll tell ya the story later :ph34r:

on the subject of this Atlantis kit........I did make some progress on it yesterday.   I used the window maker for those windows I cut out.

512524270_1.jpg.3a1d6f929716246206d449702648ffd5.jpg

1918729423_2.jpg.7b1abde4fd5f9cbc0b7573e394cea1e7.jpg

with the cockpit already glued in place,  I assembled the fuselage.  I finished painting the top of the other wing and did the paint on the wing I had finished...the deicing panels on the leading edge and the engine detail {what I could do of it.  I also did some work fitting the glass on the turret that will locate on the nose.   it's not a good fit.......for comparison,  seeing that the Pacific Raiders kit is the original Revell kit,  I fitted the nose turret for it,  and the look is so much better than the Atlantis turret.   another interesting note,  is that the date stamp inside the Revell kit fuselage is 1955....the Pacific raiders kit didn't come out until 1965.  it's very probable that this kit is a clone of the early Buffalo Bill kit....they merely repurposed the kit to fit the subject.  these kits are exact in every way........the only difference is that the Revell kit doesn't come with a stand {not at the moment anyway :ph34r: }

I'll get some more pictures to show ya.   today was kind of a wash.   we had a rather vicious storm roll through the other night,  and it took part of the tree down in the back yard.  today was clean up.........with the help of the trusty saw's all :)   the large part was stuck in the neighboring tree,  so after I cut off most of the low hanging branches,  I tied a rope to what was still hanging and pulled it down.  on the way down,  it took out the cross bar of the old clothes line........the other end is gone,  and the admiral was using it to hang bird feeders on.    the ends were broken.......the tube itself was full of rust..........I fitted a 2X4 across the span for the time being.  mowed the lawns........and a few other chores that couldn't be done last week,  since it rained almost every day.  more soon :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I went a bit further with this model.......unfortunately,  real life called and I had to obey :imNotWorthy:  as mentioned,  the fuselage was cemented together allowed to

dry.

777681865_1.jpg.e0334bf2c93b87f1c8221902e4c71f36.jpg

the seams were touched up and the nose bubble was added.  I then realized that I had forgotten to add the stand button,  but was at ease,  seeing that it could be added after the fact :)   the wheels were painted....terrible to paint because the rims aren't raised enough to make the distinction.  this was where I ran into the fit issues with the glass and the nose turret.   even the clear plastic is soft.......trying to be very careful with trimming the parts.

1323835674_2.jpg.49a4f5d03d1eb358d1bd30603e517887.jpg

here it is in place on the fuselage...

656856367_4.jpg.27c5d6086875a1ea03f720c4f999dd2f.jpg

this was when I got the idea to compare the Revell kit.  hopefully,  in these pictures you can see the difference.

2050287390_5.jpg.aa3e2460f79cc604bbada5a98282a233.jpg

1575589136_6.jpg.d812b9370ef55c42ac9bfb6f6198e0ea.jpg

the clear parts even look clearer in the Revell kit.   the flat black detail was done on the wings....the starboard wing was done first.

610880537_3.jpg.696b6bde363ee9e72c3e85172b8ce3f8.jpg

the port wing was done this morning.......still need to touch it up

920790836_8.jpg.87cd36f3b7cd7381d17b1e9cc8d60dc8.jpg

I still need to do the stabilizer and rudders,  but I needed to deal with the fit issues first.   one half of the fuselage was thinner that the other half,  and it caused the assembly to sit on there lop-sided.  the port side half was sanded to remove the extra material.....I think I got it looking half way decent.

214901453_7.jpg.014232167d955809df7f3a4c206ca61f.jpg

errands are looming.........I'm gonna try to do more on her before we go.   I've done a bit of painting to the B 24D kit......it's a lot easier working with that model,  the parts are so much nicer,  without having to do all the extra clean up.  I haven't done anything to the Pacific Raiders kit.  it has the same problems as the Atlantis kit.......the landing gear vs the closed gear doors being the biggest issue.  I'm sure the fit will be better,  but I noticed that there is no slot for a stand.......makes me curious if the original Buffalo Bill model had one.  I was thinking of taking the stand from the B 25 kit I have {another Atlantis kit},  bit I'd still likely end up making one for it,  so I'll just make one for the Pacific Raiders kit and leave the other to it's own ;) 

more to come!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice work Denis

Speaking of work, your landlord must LOVE you. You take total care of his property  AND still pay him rent! I need someone like you to take over the house I let my older son live in up the street from me!:(    

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Really nice work Denis.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

The B-24 was Jimmy Stewarts favorite aircraft, he flew over 30 missions in one over Germany.... He preferred it over the B-17....

Looking good brother... you do make old kits come to life...

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I read that about Jimmy Stewart........loved him as an actor :)    mentioned that to the admiral Lou.......should have seen the look on her face :D   

thanks all for the good word........sadly,  no new update at the moment.  I hope to get more done.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Gary........but I still feel guilty.  me.....a fellow whose up to his neck in projects :D   so I did a little last night.   it's not much,  but it added so much to the model.  the fitting issue with the wings has been rendered quite minor by this time........I did adjustments along the way.  with the wings almost fully painted,  I saw no reason why I shouldn't add them to the model.

1285692397_1.jpg.9f9a5c0ee9202b523c9c717d873659dd.jpg

the version I want to do has a yellow band around the tail section,  so I painted it on as well.   it came out pretty good,  but I almost messed it up.  I had decanted some yellow paint from an old spray can.......didn't want to toss it out,  since the sprayer was clogged........I got three small bottles out of it.  the one I chose to do the band was almost empty,  but not using it since the Wulfe Hound had a detrimental effect on what was left.  I stirred it and proceeded to lay it on with a brush..........YECH!  I thought I was going to have to strip it.......icky clumps and looked like diluted spackle :(  I wasn't too worried about the Green becoming active again......it had long since cured.  the other two bottles were dead.......so I opened a fresh bottle of flat yellow.

it did a good job of smoothing out the old paint......I kept doing light strokes until it did......then I painted the rest.

1582340671_2.jpg.0f7232a71ae6a8206ea7fbffef864402.jpg

I still had a few touch ups to do anyway,  so I did some of them as I went along.

2006283613_3.jpg.56b301d419d0a454b09467f1ec1fa92d.jpg

you can see how fresh the paint is.......good shot of the windows.  that window maker is great!  I was going to cut some cello for them,  but didn't care for how 'sunk in' they'd look.  another point I made earlier was the main wheels.  the nose gear is closed......two doors provided......but the tooling of the main gear doors,  doesn't do the model any justice.   as mentioned,  it would look silly with the gears down and the doors closed.  the Revell B 24D kit proved to me that the doors are part of the landing gear,  and are not attached to the wing anywhere {much like P 51's and Spitfires...etc}.  since the model will be on a stand,  it made sense to assemble the wheels in the up position.  to look more aesthetic,  I was going to sand the wheels so they would look deeper in the wells........I didn't.  I just squirted on some glue and popped 'em in place...........EWWWWWWW.  you'd swear I gave the plane breasts!  they stuck out like the sorest of thumbs!:default_wallbash:  of course,  I spent time deciding what to do......bad move where glue is concerned.  luckily,  I was able to pop them back out without much damage to the wells.  after cutting off the glue part of the wheels,  they got a bit of a rubbie on a fresh sheet of sandpaper....brought them down to half their thickness.   then it was time to scrape out the glue goo from inside the wells,  and re-touch them up.

966187917_4.jpg.cc1971b293600815111269df605f615c.jpg

after all was touched up and back on track,  the wheels were glued into place.

593316609_5.jpg.6e7df1b546f4809b634172a2d9f7bf4b.jpg

110431303_6.jpg.f2abf0fbbd996012fc2c622d8939faee.jpg

now they don't protrude so much.........

1886977788_7.jpg.3e914ac3bd05da7fb1c382cee407ca40.jpg

I painted the props too,  so they are drying,  awaiting the next paint step.  the tail section is next on the roster to get added paint.  the yellow band just screams Luftwaffe.....doesn't it?!?!?!?

68849677_8.jpg.78891b5eab6a662b18ce92f91e501ad6.jpg

2107756663_9.jpg.240c86f7b4b0b5ee2291fa8b7c31a0ca.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

got some time to work on the tail section.......basically painting the deicing panels.  it was then added to the model.  next will be the glass and the turrets.

722190919_1.jpg.959744fa10bc63a83b0a78c812350254.jpg

1875480890_2.jpg.c997e3d8946a3ccd0c6b3a4d1db9876b.jpg

1103468800_4.jpg.1922f3fa0cfbc3867ecfc82f9c89e099.jpg

it was our grand son Tripp's birthday today........the boys are getting big......the oldest is almost as tall as me.  whole lot of trouble going on there though........the house flooded due to a broken pipe!  they had some off the wall company come in and they trashed the place....tore everything up.  he showed all the damage to a mediator that he heard about,  and now the guy is holding their butts to the flame!  {evil laugh}.  so for now they're roughing it......with no hopes of getting anyone in there to reno the place till November {that's how bad the it is out there}.  before we left,  Brandon showed me what he got from his last real estate job.......a whole trunkful of HO trains and accessories!  I saw this one and he gave it to me.

169840236_3.jpg.0cb88a7f4ff8b237594f723fc2341aed.jpg

1750784123_5.jpg.6f7718ae54a6ebb53866b15f6c6b55f7.jpg

I don't have a train setup.......but it looks really neat :)   the hand wheel toward the front is broken off.....just the post is left...it's the only thing wrong with it.  the company is gone.........I read that they were based in Italy........70's or 80's stuff.   I told Bran to get them appraised before doing anything with them.  he also gave me this:

752490916_1.jpg.37894166fd57185226fdb13827261a39.jpg

this company is still in business........I contacted them to see if I can get a copy of the instructions.  looks like it might be all there,  but I can't be sure.  the newer ones are laser cut........this one is not.  if I find out more,  I'll let ya know :) 

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

That is looking so nice Denis, that paintwork is perfect,  also like your other builds you show.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

this company is still in business........I contacted them to see if I can get a copy of the instructions.  looks like it might be all there,  but I can't be sure.  the newer ones are laser cut........this one is not.  if I find out more,  I'll let ya know

As soon as I get thru my stash I'll see if I still have mine..... Same edition as well

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

Yeah, Dennis, AHM went the way of the bison, but some of the cars are now sold by other companies. The brake wheel is easy to find in a good selection of detailing parts. Guess you even got some blocking for the tank load. May want to cut some stripwood to replace the plastic chocks, then tie the tank down with fine chain (A-Line 40 links per inch, pre-blackened). Have fun with that one.

Wright Flyer #1, what a great find. 👍

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Brother, the instructions for the lasercut version are online.... Downloadable as a PDF, the plans are not though...

https://easybuiltmodels.com/D10LC-Wright-Flyer-Instructions.pdf

And unfortunately, I must have sold mine.... I no longer have it... The serial # is D10 for the original kit, D-10LC for the laser cut one.....

Quote:

I found that out this afternoon Egilman....they sent me a reply with the link to the PDF.  gonna be a bit tougher without the plans...I'll have to modify a build board to assemble the wings.  I've bookmarked their site as well.  I'll look around.......see what I can find.  the kit goes for around $40.00.

I have the Walther's site,  Model train stuff site,  among a few others in my bookmarks.......I'll look around.   there is a chock molded onto the flatbed for the tank.   it comes with a cargo dock.  I did find a couple of sites that talked about AHM.....I found this one earlier this evening:

AHM - Associated Hobby Manufacturers - HO-Scale Trains Resource

it doesn't mention this train piece or any of it's others,  but does  show a train set from back in the 60's with a military theme......search the site and juggle through the articles.  the catalog page is particularly interesting.......pricing and such back in the day.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I found that out this afternoon Egilman....they sent me a reply with the link to the PDF.  gonna be a bit tougher without the plans...

Well there are options my friend....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304081343834?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D233120%26meid%3D3c1f7c8b699541af925f65f6781a0502%26pid%3D101113%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D233182387549%26itm%3D304081343834%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

And

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334089683020?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D233120%26meid%3Df16eab3e57384280830ff24fbcdca488%26pid%3D101113%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D304081343834%26itm%3D334089683020%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

No info on how complete the first one is but the second appears complete.... And they are both the first version which matches the one you have.... The second looks complete compared to the one I had....

Probably the best you can do for an original.....

Then there is always these....

1903_Flyer_Blueprints_Plate_1.jpg

1903_Flyer_Blueprints_Plate_2.jpg

you can scale those to whatever size you need....

Hope it helps....

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

thanks Egilman.........I have been doing the virtual cha-cha with these ya-hoos :angry:  they sent me the PDF....but it doesn't give me the specifics that the diagrams show.  thanks for posting them.  I'm almost to the point of giving up on them.........I'm not asking them to send me parts.  I did find out that I'm missing quite a few parts........I only have two sheets of parts,  what I should have four sheets.  I'm probably missing wood strips as well.  not a big deal,  since I can get them at Hobby Lobby.  if I showed you the email exchanges,  you'd understand,  but I seem to be getting the run around.  the last email came from a fellow named Dave {I think he's the owner}........and he seems to think I have these diagrams.  I told them from the beginning that I have nothing,  no instructions.....nadda.  I'm getting more help here..........and I appreciate it!  I sent one more request for the diagrams.......if they won't help me,   then I will go other routes.  but these will be neat to study....I'll see if I need to adjust their sizing.   I copied them.......I'll see what I can do.

I pulled the trigger on another kit this evening.......I could have gotten the earlier release  of this kit,  but it will do just as well.  I'm talking about the 1955 Lincoln Futura.  the car was seen in a couple of movies,  as well as the 1966 Batman series,  as the Batmobile.  I failed to grab this model earlier,  but I finally have it........show ya when I get it :ph34r:                                                                                                                                                                                              

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

My pleasure Dennis, I wish I still had mine then you would have them already.... (but I know you will make it work)

I'll be following.....

Quote:

Your B-24 looks very nice, with a good paintwork, as others have already said. I am also intrigued by your Flyer model. Is it a wood framework and fabric type? Giving the right sagging to the wings might be a challenge. Are you planning to start it in the next future?

Greetings,

Dan.

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

thanks to you both.    it's a good question........I seem to have hit a brick wall with the easy built model company.   it's apparent that they didn't understand that I had no instructions at all on this model.   I guess I should have specified that I didn't have the diagrams either.  my last email to them was answered yesterday........the model has been updated and the old plans and such were put into storage,  and they refuse to take them out to send me a copy.  nor are they in the habit od sending out instructions separate from the kit.  in not so many words.......they refuse to help me.

I haven't done further research during my correspondence with the company,  so it was very helpful for you to jump in Egilman.  you've given me a head start :)   do I plan on building it..........sure!   this hasn't deterred me.......hell,  I may even put some of my artistic license to it :ph34r:   I have a source for sheet and wood.......so why not.  I will look through the PDF and jot down all the wood sizes........and then off to Hobby Lobby I go ;) 

another thing that has my curiosity at an all time high,  is that Brandon also mentioned that he has a ship kit.  he wouldn't disclose much,  but said that he wanted to find out it's value.  I don't knock the lad for wanting to make money.......but I'll press him further.......maybe even make an offer for it depending what it is ;)    keep yas posted

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

None of the balsa kit companies are keen on sending out plans for their kits. Too many modelers would scratch build the model using only the plans. They are in business to make money and they cannot make money that way. Your best bet is to find someone who has built the model and no longer needs the plans.

Suggestion: join the forum called "RC Groups" (rcgroups.com) and then ask for anyone who would be willing to sell or loan you a set of plans for the model. You would be surprised how much help you'll get as long as you post in the correct forum.

I'll look into it........the prints Egilman posted will work,  but the build templates would be better.   without them,  I would have to transpose the lines onto the build board in which to gauge the rib placement.  the PDF does give most of the numbers I'd need.......it can be done.

I agree with that......and I don't.   there is a difference between someone who is asking for help,  and those who harbor evil deeds.  I even supplied pictures of the kit,  as to insure honesty.   believe me....I do understand........but it does put a bit of a dent in the P.R. aspects.   I would have been just as happy,  to have gotten just the template to build the model.   you win some,  ya lose some.......

on a build note:  I was looking at the Pacific raiders kit,  and I noticed that the window framing is on the inside of the parts,  and not on the outside.  this doesn't sound like a big deal,  but I prefer them outside so I can better mask them off.   hoping they come out alright.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

50 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

I'll look into it........the prints Egilman posted will work,  but the build templates would be better.   without them,  I would have to transpose the lines onto the build board in which to gauge the rib placement.  the PDF does give most of the numbers I'd need.......it can be done.

I agree with that......and I don't.   there is a difference between someone who is asking for help,  and those who harbor evil deeds.  I even supplied pictures of the kit,  as to insure honesty.   believe me....I do understand........but it does put a bit of a dent in the P.R. aspects.   I would have been just as happy,  to have gotten just the template to build the model.   you win some,  ya lose some.......

on a build note:  I was looking at the Pacific raiders kit,  and I noticed that the window framing is on the inside of the parts,  and not on the outside.  this doesn't sound like a big deal,  but I prefer them outside so I can better mask them off.   hoping they come out alright.

If "build templates" are what you're after, let me know what you are looking for. I literally have hundreds of flying scale model aircraft plans in PDF format, but the Wright Flyer I do not have. The model was not designed for flying, just for display.  

thanks.......I've lightened up on the research for now........bigger fish to fry  ;)   BTW........hope your fishing trip was fun.......haven't been out on open waters for quite a while now.   haven't held a rod for some time either........I can remember when it was all I lived for ;)   I did go out and buy the balsa strips for it though........I may need an extra sheet or two for the wing ribs {I'll see when I get started on it}.

I'm not liking how the glass is looking frame-wise.......I may elect to do just the cockpit.   I've done a little work with the Pacific Raiders model,  since it is the same kit.   as per the Buffalo kit,  the windows were all cut out and I will do the same treatment to them.   I've been distracted though due to problems with the admiral....nothing serious,  but a cause for concern.   more soon ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

I made some progress on this 'ole girl while I was working on the Futura.  I use the Pacific Raiders cockpit to test out painting the framework and saw how it looked.......I decided not to do it.   since the Pacific Raiders B 24 is the same model,  I'm gonna piggy back it on this log.........the Warbirds B 24 is a larger model,  and I'll do that one on the existing Revell log I started.  I'll have a bit mode freedom with it,   since its the D variant :)   onward with the update!

as usual,  there are fitting issues........but they aren't too much to take away from the model.......doesn't look too bad  ;)   the next step was the armament, assembling the turrets and trimming the glass from the injection pin marks.

1601334267_1.jpg.84da50d584962dd6ef5d29a2b68dbaeb.jpg

the nose turret and cockpit glass were added to the model.

1591537194_2.jpg.261d59de4079d7f42d9fa8e5556246ef.jpg

the top turret and belly turret were assembled

1194638905_3.jpg.aeca8d8aa0cbe6cb80087fe636ac82c7.jpg

......top turret added to the model.

1110387025_4.jpg.311728eebae1ada2d489920fa4c4a902.jpg

the tail turret was assembled and set aside to dry a bit before installation........the fact that the stabilizer is in place on the model,  gives it a resistance point when putting the turret in place.   it wasn't too tough...a gentle push and it fell into place without any fanfare.

861953396_5.jpg.35cbb67ec2ef15a9c40356a1ef11eb8a.jpg

these parts will sit a while to dry.........I have the bombardier glass and the belly turret that requires the plane to be turned upside down to add.  of course,  there is the errand to do later.....that should be more than enough time.  if more is done,  I'll be sure to show ya :) 

on an unrelated note........I told Brandon about the Wright Bros. Flyer.  he was disappointed that the model is not complete,  and that the company won't supply me with the instructions.  I told him that I've bought wood to replace what's missing,  and that I still intend to build it.  I did ask him about the ship kit he said he has........he told me of his conversation with someone he's met along the way,  and he may have an outlet for all the train stuff and other things he acquired.  he added that he has a few more thing for me.......I'm very curious.  I'll find out soon :ph34r:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Making good headway on the Lib, Denis.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

thanks Ken........before the work week kicked in,  I managed to get the belly glass in place.  not too much left to go now :) 

1323274897_1.jpg.56399e592c5b92e57a6e688f7ad115d7.jpg

1729145937_2.jpg.0821e727d508f870b3cfb0ffa6906b6a.jpg

I changed the paint around the outer edge of the belly turret........I wondered if I should have changed the color inside,  but the glass was in place,  so I called a "too late" on it ;)   more soon :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

there's an update coming...........it will be the end.....  at the moment,  the plane has been decaled.........with a couple give and takes considering the scale differences,  but it worked well in the end :)   the stand.........well.......let's just say that a jot of cement took care of the issue.   it was like a dead fish....this one is definitely a tail dragger!  the props are the last parts to go,  and once they are in place,  I can present her to you.

the log will continue with the Pacific Raiders model.   I've yet to look up a suitable victim,  but it will finish as an American Bomber .

more on Sunshine when I present the update.  thanks to all who have looked in :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: