Revell B 24D Liberator 1:72 scale by Popeye the Sailor

I think so too :)   the cockpit canopy is done........there are two really small bits of frame that I'm not going to bother with.  they're not noticeable.  I'm working on the nose glass now.

1791524381_2.jpg.4835500b07ab362e92fdae8d1a834acb.jpg

........I just made myself feel bad........I added them in :rolleyes:   I guess I may as well fix that bit of frame that runs to the roof {copilot side}.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I did fix the frame and added the two........   the decals came in yesterday,  so this morning I've begun to add the more delicate parts.  I should have some pictures....or even the finish soon :)    

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I got more done.......I'd say I'm as close to the finish line.....   the only parts left is the nose glass,  which is almost framed out.......handling is removing the paint as I go.  this is producing a less than stella job,  than the cockpit glass,  but I'm not going to go back over it {just what appears to be rubbed off}.  I put the bombardier / nose gunner seat in place and painted it.

12768454_1.jpg.3b32eb19e6642eb33e87037a8d41a547.jpg

...and without flash

1708969072_2.jpg.27cedf8b0a8abedcc6cee2a26228778f.jpg

I did begin to add decals too.......you'll see more soon ;)  the wing decals were also put in place.....due to the crispness of the riveting,  it split the top wing decal.  I tried to fix it,  but it is there to stay.....so I'll concede.

1836873441_3.jpg.867bbd9596f0ce57bc0df64e659941f4.jpg

due to the guns,  the tail gunner's turret was put in close to the end as well.  the props followed after that.

299719886_4.jpg.0cc4fd02a7dbc36d4747c41600de8a63.jpg

1204444555_5.jpg.15cb89cfd0bfceda4fe9a720a7bb8460.jpg

the session continued........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

as mentioned,  the props went on next.......small problems arose.  two of the decals broke in half........managed to get them back together enough to use.  the pilot tubes and the radar bulb were added,  but not painted yet.  the Archer decals posed a problem of their own.  I had no idea that the sheet was a sheet of film,  with the stars embossed on them,  so the first one {the largest one} has a rather large amount of film around it.  depending on the light though,  it can hardly be seen........I'll keep that in mind for the future ;)   I didn't put any numbers on her,  nor lettering,  since she's a fictitious plane and I didn't give any thought of where she belonged.  one good thing is that she does appear to be sitting on all three wheels.........this is due to that skid plate that is located near the tail.  so she won't need a stand or base.  so basically.......all that is left is to finish the painting and add the nose glass.  I thought I'd give you a preview of what she looks like..........

1774926661_1.jpg.ef06cb8cc315dd0651d19f60e141d840.jpg

the starboard rudder decided to come loose.......of course,  that decal was the one that split in two.  it had dried and fell off and the Malay occurred when I went to put it back on.  I removed it and reglued it.......it's all good now :) 

135586789_2.jpg.c90c3e1b615575ffc2bdf070dfb54132.jpg

350724652_3.jpg.6a95a9dbd953607ccd5fb708d0da1d0c.jpg

I was still undecided how I was going to arrange the stars......even more so when I found out about the type of decals they were.   they are of different sizes,  which would have made cutting them close near impossible.  so, the smaller they got,  the more I avoided doing it.

301850786_4.jpg.f35f9d266fc920275419fcf7664c610d.jpg

I have a second set of banners........flames in the design of the flag.  I was going to put them on the topside of each nacelle,  but they are different designs.......banners and flames,  so I opted not to put them there.  instead,  I just used the banners and put them on the fuselage.

2132055148_5.jpg.f33630bf707f206d5f5e57def559f833.jpg

the tail gunner turret........

1517193472_6.jpg.3ccda84d6d03b91bd6eefc3b0680c4c5.jpg 

from the front......I don't know whether to salute or to cheer Evil Kenevil on!  :D 

1057413601_7.jpg.12f1b08add7c0a8f471e147b496c86a9.jpg

here are a couple of shots with the crane lamp on.

2092410014_8.jpg.271ad29aeb9531f731fe26fde3678aca.jpg

2022615527_9.jpg.be677a8aae2708d28a1ab2aa931d0cd7.jpg

I'll pop a few more off when she's totally finished :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Loooking Superb Denis  - she is a Real Eye Catcher.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

She is definitely an ALL-American bird....

Difficult paint job, well done brother...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Very nicely done, Denis.   Looks like she'd be easy to find and line up on.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

She would certainly be easy to find in a parking lot, or a sky full of planes! Nice work of yet another rarely known or modeled subject. I think there is little doubt that this one is NOT a captured Allied plane being used by the Germans!:ph34r:

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Eye catching paint job, Denis. Easy-peasy to find and join up on.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Very  snazzy Denis!😉

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

thanks very much!........it's what I envisioned {well.....not 100%,  but close}.   it occurred to me after I posted the pictures.........so much for seeing that side of the fuselage that got sanded.   proof again that paint covers so much sin  ;)    I may do another one,  but I want it to be a known plane this time around..........perhaps the B 17 "spotted cow".   I'll be look'in and keep you posted.  

again.....thank you for all the kind words........I'm very glad you all like her.  I'll post pictures when she's fully assembled    ***little pun there*** :D 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Great job Popeye!  The painting was really well done, first rate for sure.  To echo an earlier comment, what an eye catcher for the display shelf!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

thanks Mike :)   when I thought of this color scheme.....I had to do it.  I'd be a fool not to.  I'm pleased how it came out.  I still have the nose glass to finish.....it's sitt'in here at my desk.  the darn paint keeps rubb'in off from all the handling.  once I get it done,  I'll post a couple more pictures.

concerning a third captured plane.........I saw one today!  not sure I can pull the trigger,  but if I do,  it will have an interesting twist  ;) 

again....thanks to all of you for your likes :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 months later...

Denis, I saw this this morning in my AF news and immediately thought of your ongoing project with KG200.

They made a movie: https://www.military.com/off-duty/movies/2022/01/12/wolf-hound-wwii-movie-inspired-secret-nazi-air-combat-unit.html

Could be interesting.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

oh WOW!  :)   I will be sure to keep an eye on this Ken.....thanks for the info!  ;)   I still need to get back towards finishing the nose glass on this bird:blush:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

13 hours ago, Canute said:

Could be interesting.

Excellent find!!! 

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"