MS Essex Review

Jaxboat

Bill,

I'll be posting later on the "bashed kit" thread but Expo's production manager called me today and said that my kit shipped out so I'll see it in a few days. I'll then be able to tear into it and see what's happened and get stuff figured out.

Keep the faith...............

Sam

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNDER DEVELOPMENT 

Sam,

Thanks for the response.  I'm keeping the faith!  I had missed the "bashed kit" thread, so was unaware that you and ME were working on corrections to the kit.  I am glad to hear that you and ME are working on these fixes.  I can certainly wait a while longer since it means getting a correct kit.  I am still looking forward to it.  It looks like it will be great!  Also, still looking forward to the rigging and masting supplemental kit!

Bill M.

Well, as soon as I open my mouth, asking when Model Expo will resume shipping kits, I just had my Essex kit delivered to me!  I haven't had a chance to go over it in detail, but I am certainly happy to have it.  I suppose this kit does not have the corrections that Sam and Eric have discussed and I will be in touch with Model Expo to request the corrected parts when they become available.  Thanks to Sam and Model Expo!

Bill M.

Well, I've had a chance to look over my Essex kit, the instruction booklet and the plans. Being a longtime fan of this frigate, I was expecting great things of this kit. I was not disappointed-- in fact, the kit exceeds my expectations. First, the kit looks to be well researched and is well engineered. Yes, I know about the problems reported in the kit-bashed Essex thread, but I have complete confidence that Sam and Model Expo will make the necessary corrections. Another impression is that this kit will build into a large impressive model. I should have expected this, knowing the scale, but it impressed me nonetheless. I intend to build mine fully rigged with Sam's announced masting and rigging supplemental kit. When finished out fully rigged, the kit will be particularly impressive and imposing. Anyway, I am quite pleased with this kit. Good job, Sam!

Bill M.