Lancia Assunta by maurino

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful sails, maurino! This is going to be a gem of a little boat!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

I would like to put in my model a couple of sailors, I have some toy soldiers that I can modify even if the scale is not really perfect. The scale of the figurines is 1:36 while the sailing ship is 1:25, the result would be a crew about 1 meter high and 40 ..... I will see the final result and then I will decide whether to use them or not but on board the off-scale is not obvious .

7.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Looking at the sail, I am wondering, why you have both ends of the reefing points at the same side of the sail ? Was this indicated so in the kit instructions ? Normally, they would go from one side to another, secured in the middle by a kind of not and or sewn onto the sail on one side.

Below is an image of a slightly larger boat type (also with painted sails) from the lagoon in Venice in the Naval Museum there:

181734-72.jpg

Edited by wefalck

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

4 hours ago, wefalck said:

Looking at the sail, I am wondering, why you have both ends of the reefing points at the same side of the sail ? Was this indicated so in the kit instructions ? Normally, they would go from one side to another, secured in the middle by a kind of not and or sewn onto the sail on one side.

Below is an image of a slightly larger boat type (also with painted sails) from the lagoon in Venice in the Naval Museum there:

181734-72.jpg

Hello Wefalck , unfortunately I do not know the English language, I have to rely on an online translator and this prevents me from fully understanding the technical part of your question. I have no drawings of this boat, I rely on a few photos and on a book that deals with other boats of the Adriatic Sea. Surely there will be errors (and horrors) due to my wrong intuitions, not only for the sailing part, the material in my possession is really very little ....