Vintage Lot of 4 Dietzgen #2192 Spline Weights. 3-1/2 pound lead spline weights for drafting. Especially useful for ship hull lines, model railroad curves, etc. Painted black with green felt bottoms. I purchased these used approximately 40 years ago. Lightly used and in good condition for their age. Selling as a set. $130 for the lot, including priority mail shipment within the lower 48. 

Payment via PayPal friends and family.

SplineWeights - 1.jpeg

SplineWeights - 2.jpeg

SplineWeights - 3.jpeg

SplineWeights - 4.jpeg

SplineWeights - 5.jpeg

SplineWeights - 6.jpeg

SplineWeights - 7.jpeg

Edited by prmitch
Item sold on eBay

Paul

Member, Nautical Research Guild

Co-Webmaster, NRG Website

Developer of NRG and Seaways Publishing back issue digital archives

Tasty! I've never seen Dietzgen spline weights before but I knew they once made them. Usually, what you see on eBay are the similar Keuffel and Esser models. The few I have are a real collection of odd ball homemade "beaters." I keep meaning to cast myself up a nice matching one of these days. Yours are very reasonably priced for "store bought" ducks. I don't know of anybody who's making them anymore except Edson.  I'd love to come across a bunch of the fancy bronze ones Edson makes at a bargain price, but $61.00 a piece is too rich for my taste retail. These are really something any serious scratch-builder ought to own.

spline-wheights-713x262-sm.jpg

See: Edson Boat Accessories: Spline Weights (edsonmarine.com)

Edited by Bob Cleek