Greek Battle Ship “Kilkis” (former Mississippi bb-23) by Panagiotis- scale 1:100 - Finished

Just first-rate work all the way.  Beautiful.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this log. Amazing build! I love the way you made the cage masts, winches, guns, well ... everything in fact!

What is the cased ship model that appears in the background of some of your photos?

Keep up the great work.

Tim

Tim

Current build: Continental Navy Frigate ALFRED (build log)                      

Past builds:     Steam Tug SEGUIN (build log in the kits 1850-1900 section)       

Liberty Ship SS Stephen Hopkins (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Basilone (DD-824) (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Olympia (Gallery)

USS Kirk (FF-1087) (Gallery & Build Log)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.        

Secondary weapons….The last difficult build…

There were 12 x 3-inch guns on the real ship, from which 8 were being exposed at the superstructure, while only the rest 4, were being covered…

post-5339-0-85318900-1434043146_thumb.jpg

post-5339-0-87255200-1434043160_thumb.jpg

At first I had to build their stands at a truncated cone shape with an extension at the rear.

Those stands were made by gluing seven small pieces of plastic.

In a second try was constructed the body of the gun with the barrel.

The barrels were bought from the market. They were barrels for 6 inc gun in 1:200 scale, which perfectly matched as barrels for 3 inc gun in scale of 1:100 (as the model).

The rest of the parts were made by pieces of plastic 12 for each gun…

post-5339-0-65400600-1434043243_thumb.jpg

The result...

post-5339-0-91959000-1434043279_thumb.jpg

...post-5339-0-74140300-1434043292_thumb.jpg

post-5339-0-59230400-1434043302_thumb.jpg

What has left for the model to be finished, is only details here and there and certainly a test in the water…

I’ll be back with the results, hopefully good.

Thanks

Edited by Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis

You know, looking at your beautiful model, is a bit like being on a Nudist Beach. There's so many things to look at, that I don't know where to start! The more I look at your photos, the more details start popping up! Amazing and marvellous.

Look forward to more updates.

Cheers

Patrick

Wow,.... simply spectacular!!!!!!!!!!

JP

Built & De-Commissioned: HMS Endeavour (Corel), HMS Unicorn (Corel),

Abandoned: HMS Bounty (AL)

Completed : Wappen Von Hamburg (Corel), Le Renommee (Euromodel)... on hold

Current WIP: Berlin by Corel

On Shelf:  HMS Bounty (Billings),

Panagiotis,

thats a beautiful built ship, very well done !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thank you all for your comments.

Patric, it's safer to look the things on my model...In a nudist beach you might get yourself misunderstood... :)

Thanks

Yep, you're right. Also, I won't need to go to Holy Confession to confess my sins caused by perving at things I shouldn't be looking at! Edited by Omega1234

• 4 months later...
Hi all mates.

Thank you for being here all this time but unfortunately I'm not coming back with a test in the water.

I spent summer with family and grandchildren and by the time  the model was ready, the winter had already started.

I don't know when a good day will let me see my model in the water but I promise you'll be just the next ones who will join my joy.

For now I post some photos of the completed model and  from my participation in an exhibition.

Many thanks

post-5339-0-73912000-1446053565_thumb.jpg post-5339-0-80190700-1446053591_thumb.jpg post-5339-0-53997400-1446053653_thumb.jpg post-5339-0-62732000-1446053671_thumb.jpg

Hi Panagiotis

Marvellous work and congratulations on a truly beautiful model. You've got to be really chuffed with it!

I'd also imagine that your ship generated a fair bit of interest during the exhibition, especially seeing as it's a Greek warship.

Additionally, like you, I'm keen to see the water shots, so, hopefully it'll be a quick winter.

All the best!

Patrick

Hi Panagiotis,

Beautiful work.  I thought, from the detail that it was a lot bigger.  To pack that much detail in that size is amazing.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...

Hi all mates.

I don't know about your countries but here, even some days before Christmas the weather seems rather like starting autumn...

So last week I had the chance to test my model in the sea and as I had promised you, you can see the results in the below photos.

Home and seashore preparation 

post-5339-0-20363000-1450028678_thumb.jpg...post-5339-0-25020200-1450028710_thumb.jpg

And here she goes….

post-5339-0-02910400-1450028740_thumb.jpg...post-5339-0-46489200-1450028759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Panagiotis

Hello Panagioti , i saw your model on exhibition in Athens !! One thing to say .... AMAZING BEAUTY AND AMAZING WORK ON DETAILS!! :) :)

Kind Regards

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Hi Panagiotis,

congrats to a beautiful built model and many thanks for sharing this interesting log, it was a pleasure to watch from begin on..... :) :)

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Sweet Panagiotis.    You are a braver man than I.   I would be afraid all that wonderful work would sink.  :)    I'll be looking forward to your next project.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Dear all.

I feel the need to ask for your apologies because, although your wide acceptance and your kind words on my models, I can't be as much I would like in touch with you.

You see I can speak and write only in German and I feel bad unable to respond direct and in personal on your comments, besides I might present myself at least as snob on other mates' models...

So, I'm here,  I watch and admire your models but I have to rely on the help of my good friend Thanasis to write you in English.

Thank you all

Panagiotis (by Thanasis)

Hi Panagiotis and Thanasis

Please don't feel bad!  We'd feel the same way if we had to speak German.  The fact that we can each admire and enjoy each other's models, is reward enough.

Have a great Christmas and Nw Year.

Many thanks

Patrick

Freigeben Ihrer wunderbare Arbeit transzendiert alle Sprach ... Vielen Dank!

Sharing your wonderful work transcends all language...Thank you!

Edited by hexnut