Brig Le FAVORI 1806 by KORTES - 1:55

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rudolf said:

IFf I may ask, how did you manage to make the planking seams just visible ? 

Greetings dear Rudolf I have learned this from an excellent Maitre Dmitriy Shevelev. In order to highlight the joints, I used, just like Dimitriy, a dull needle, and afterwards, on advise of my friend with much experience in this field, i worked on            the joints using a small triangular broach file. But there's one nuance. Before putting the covering I took away a small bevel from the edges of the upper part of each plank. The most important is not to let the glue get on the end face of the plank during the plating .

My best regards

IMG_8859.JPG

IMG_9626.JPG

IMG_9624.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alexander, I am angry and saddened by the events taking place in your country. I wish you and your family safety and peace.

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

Kortes, my heart goes out to you and your countrymen. I pray this madness ceases immediately, may God protect you and yours. 

• 1 month later...
У меня был перерыв в строительстве по разным причинам. я жду
вдохновение, чтобы сделать корпус и палубу гвоздями. А пока я решил поработать над элементами палубы. Пока я сделал только деревянные элементы.
Металлические детали пока не делал, сделаю отдельно, потом доделаю, до установки на место.

IMG_9645.JPG

IMG_9681а.JPG

Edited by KORTES

I am enjoying your many innovative techniques and thank you for sharing.

I hope you and your family are safe.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU